Welcome to the forum

*ENTRIES NOW OPEN* CCA InterClub 15 - 2nd June 2019 - Sign-on from 7.00 a.m.; First rider 08.01 a.m.

edited May 2019 in Time Trial
Hi Folks,

OK, so I'm starting to look for names for the first IC of the year, the BRCC organised 15. After a little discussion between the organisers, I understand that we will be using the full 1Y/15 after substantial road works at Cotton End shrunk the course to an 11.3 miler in 2018.

BRCC's website gives the following information on the 1Y/15 course:
1Y/15 / (Has been termed 1Z/15 also)
The 1Y/15 starts on the A600 at the entrance to Cardington Airship Sheds, 100m south of Shortstown.

Proceed ESE on A600 for 7.5 miles, taking the 2nd exit of first 2 roundabouts and turn at the 3rd roundabout (Shefford/Meppershall with Tesco Garage) and retrace the route to finish opposite the start.

Caution: Poor surface southbound on 1st roundabout. Keep left of rumble stips at Haynes crossroads. No marshalls and no signposts as this is a simple route, so familiarise yourself with the route before the event.

Getting to and from the start, via the BRCC HQ
Route marked in green on map. Allow 15 mins. Note that you MUST NOT turn right into Harrowden Lane when you go back to the club, you MUST go north to the RBT and make your turn there.

The start time has yet to be announced, but in previous years it was 9.00 a.m. so that seems a reasonable assumption for this year too. I'll confirm asap.

If you've ever been on BRCC's website they have a pretty professional set up. After GDPR, it's not yet clear to me whether we will need to each apply on-line individually or if I will need to collect names etc. to be forwarded on. However, for now, we have the following names signed up so I look forward to hearing from you!:
C. Potter
W. Smith

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Thanks both!
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    Perhaps I should start doing some @Martin L-stylee cultural references?! Is there a "Fantastic Four" film?

Any more for any more?

• Top man, Jason. Good little unit coming together here. Keep 'em coming.
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    J. Stuart
  • non starter l'm afraid. Away on Hol's good luck everyone
  • No worries Bob, Catch the next one, yes? 😊
  • I will give this a go
  • Fantastic! Thanks Carmelo!
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    A great Team coming together here! Shouldn't be long before entry opens on the Bedford Road CC website. I'll advise on that shortly.
  • Thanks Emma! Folks, Emma may be competing worse for wear from an event the previous evening. So if she can do it, why can't you :-)
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    E. Koppe
  • edited May 2019
    Hi Folks,
    Bedford Road has just opened the online entry for this year's IC15 on 2nd June. See bedsroad.org/enter_spoco.php and use the drop-down to select. Please let me know if you have any questions.
  • C. Potter
    W. Smith
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    E. Koppe
    M. Lawless
  • Top Man, Martin! Any more for anymore! 😊
  • With 8 riders so far, we are only just inside the quorum for point scorers. Scoring goes down to 8 riders minimum.

Any less, if anyone can't make it on the day, or if anyone punctures mid-race - and we'll be simply throwing potential points in the bin.

So: it would be great if one or two more riders could join in - of any confidence or ability in their TT - who could join to help us score, and at the very least, provide 'insurance' to help in the ranks and to make the other teams score less.

Register now here before the deadline closes. It only takes a couple of minutes:
    https://www.bedsroad.org/enter_spoco.php
  • Also, note: there are only 7 CCA names on the start sheet.

https://www.bedsroad.org/spoco_start_sheets.php

It's a numbers game - you will score points for CCA and prevent other teams scoring points just by turning up.
  • Sorry all, can't make it I will be up in Yorkshire at Geoff's with MC. I could be up for the next one dependent on dates.
  • No worries Al. Enjoy the scenery! :-)
  • Andy, any idea when the start sheet will be out? Would help me arrange my morning - tah!
  • Hi Chris, Bedford Road’s organiser said that entries were open until this afternoon (Friday), so I assume the start sheets will be out later this afternoon/early evening. I’ll keep an eye out and ping a message round as soon as I know.
  • BIG shout out to our Treasurer, James Davis, who becomes the ninth to sign up for the event - Thanks James; see you on Sunday morning!
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    J. Stuart
    C. Luggeri
    E. Koppe
    M. Lawless
    J. Davis