Welcome to the forum

CCA picnic, Sunday 11 July @ Ashwell grass track, from 1pm

edited July 2021 in General
No racing, no average speed, no miles, no lycra required... Only fun!

Put Sunday 11 July in your diary. Everyone is welcome for an afternoon of simple picnic/BBQ fun on our grass track!

Sure, some will ride over. Yeh, there may be a bike or two lolling around the track. But, it's first and foremost a social - for all members, family and friends.

We've got a generator and PA system, so bring your playlist. We've got two fab new separate men's and women's loos. We've got four acres of grass, so we shouldn't lose anyone. I'll be riding over towing a trailer with the finest beers known to humanity and one of those disposable BBQs. But there is plenty of parking available too for drivers.

Note, at around 2.30pm - we will hand out some of the trophies from last year we've been unable to share.

Spread the word. Let everyone know. Bring a frisbee.

Comments

• Lovely!!!
  • Get big tele on for tdf!
  • A reminder that this Sunday coming, 11th July, is the club picnic. Come on over to the club's four acre field and loll around before the England final in the evening.

I'll be bringing three types of frisbee: conventional, Aerobie and boomerang.

I'll also be bringing my enormous army parachute. Kids absolutely love it: just watch. Best value 'toy' I ever bought. It was about £30.

Bring what you like to eat and drink. There will be some supplied goodies too...

All families and friends welcome. No bikes necessary. Ride over, walk over, drive over.

See you there from 1pm. Ladies and gents loos on site.
  • Will be great to catch up with everyone in this amazing club- road, track, cross, MTb, TT, juniors, seniors, vets, and any denomination and category you like. It’s the CCA social again. Awesome
  • edited July 2021
    A reminder that the Club picnic is this Sunday lunchtime, from 1pm, on our four acre field.

Simply rock up whenever you like. You don't even need to bring food now as the Club has supported local businesses and there'll now be plenty of Day's of Ashwell cakes and Crumps famous sausage rolls and pork pies freely available. Some veggie sausage rolls will be knocking about too, I believe.

Where the heck is the field?
    Just off Station Road in Ashwell, down the gravel lane, all the way to the end.
    https://goo.gl/maps/NSVkyevMtaa9aPnC7

Dry forecast. It's way before the England game. New loos. Will we recognise each other out of lycra?

See you there!
  • Thanks Martin, it was a great day out.
  • Thank you all for a lovely few hours.
  • edited July 2021
    Great afternoon with a good turn out and lots of fun games. The kids especially loved it. We will do something similar next year. Thanks to everyone who came along and who organized the food.
  • Great arvo, thanks all. Kids were well and truly worn out after running around for a few hours!