Welcome to the forum

*Inter Club 25 - START LIST* Sunday 21st July - 77 Competing; First Rider 09:01

edited July 2019 in Time Trial
Our next Inter Club event is the CCA-organised 25 around the familiar roads of the Wednesday night 10, with a twist, headquartered at Guilden Morden.

*ENTRIES NOW OPEN* With huge thanks to our friends at Bedford Road CC, we have been allowed to use their excellent "Book-a-Ride" system. The link to that is here https://bedsroad.org/enter_spoco.php

As we're hosting, we'll need to balance riders to compete and those who we'll need to help. I'll start having a think about how to achieve this delicate balance. But for the meantime, let's see who is available to ride please. To start the ball rolling, here are a couple who've expressed an interest.

Who's up for it?
R. Bumstead
A. McLeish

Comments

• Hey all, as a TT unit we're doing so well it would be great if we can have all our big hitters riding this event and the rest of the club cheering us on and volunteering.

If people can give up their time to volunteer and support that would be much appreciated and help us in our quest to win the the inter club TT.

Cheers

Alistair
  • I eco that Alistair. The first two events have been really well organised, marshalled, and good selection of refreshments to enjoy at the end. Let’s not disappoint our selfs and competitors.

Oh yeah I’m available.
  • R. Bumstead
    A. McLeish
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    S. Miles
  • edited June 2019
    Without my prompting, the Powerhouse that is Mr. Stuart - who is having an excellent Inter Club series thus far - has already signed up through the Beds Road "Book-a Ride" system. Keen, and I like that! :-) Many thanks for that, sir. Any other takers please?
    R. Bumstead
    A. McLeish
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    S. Miles
    J. Stuart
  • Andy I'm all booked in rob
  • UPDATE: As you may know, about 1.5 miles of the 25 mile course from the Wimpole roundabout, past the Toll Bar and on to about the Stables was top dressed last week. I've liaised with @JMac over the weekend and contacted Cambs Highways this morning.

The general info from Cambs Highways is that they sweep loose chippings at 24 hours, 48 hours and 1 week and then again afterwards as necessary. I assume that the first two sweeps have been done, but if the one expected later this week doesn't clear the overtaking line sufficiently then we'll be asking the other Clubs to postpone.

For now, however, I have to plan as if we're still ON. Apologies for the lack of certainty at this stage. Please contact me if you have any questions.
  • Available to do either ride/marshall
  • Thanks Toma, Yes please!
  • Okay now entered officially, who else can ride? MC and Martin L up for it?
  • We welcome MC to the team for his first outing this year. Yay!
    R. Bumstead
    A. McLeish
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    S. Miles
    J. Stuart
    MC
  • Checking the entry list for CCA on the Bedford Road CC Book-to-ride site, there are 8, including now young Mr. Keen, and Mr. Lawless, both added here. Thanks chaps! I've also had verbal offers to ride from Ms. Koppe and Mr. McKenzie. The powerhouse that is Mr. Young is a possible, as is Mr. Chitu, who received rave reviews after his road bike effort at the IC30. Mr. McKenzie will ride early to lend a hand - this just a short spin for this now confirmed Audax entrant to this year's Paris-Brest-Paris! :-)

But with BRCC again turning out in force (20 signed on already), including - I note - our ex-CCA member and friend Luke Danckaert, we need to put out as strong a team as possible please.

If you haven't already signed up on the Bedford Road CC SPOCO site, please do so asap, as entries close a week today in the evening of Thursday 18th July.
    R. Bumstead
    A. McLeish
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    C. Potter
    W. Smith
    S. Miles
    J. Stuart
    MC
    M. Lawless
    P. Keen
    J. McKenzie
    E. Koppe
    M. Young?
    T. Chitu?
  • I have entered.
  • Thanks Adam, any others available to add to our numbers for our home TT?
  • edited July 2019
    Nice one, Adam. Great to have you on board.

Now then, with Mr. Smith withdrawing to a helping role, the Magnificent 12 who have signed up so far are:
    A. Swan
    R. Bumstead
    A. McLeish
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    C. Potter
    S. Miles
    J. Stuart
    MC
    M. Lawless
    P. Keen
    T. Chitu
    Please can the following who have expressed an interest in riding please sign up ASAP via the Bedford Road Cycling Club website, following the link to SPOCO and the instructions provided?
    J. McKenzie
    E. Koppe
    M. Young
    With my great thanks, our helpers on the day (so far) are:
    D. Jones
    W. Smith
    D. Norris
    S. Orriss
    J. Bard
    R. Ayers
    Ashley?
    Some of the riders may need to do some pushing off and I'll have a think around organisation on this over the next day or so.
  • Hi Andy

I can now help out and am happy to push off

See you around 8:30 in the HQ

James
  • James, You're a star! Thank you.
  • Team update:
    A. Swan
    R. Bumstead
    A. McLeish
    G. Askew
    B. Ronayne
    C. Potter
    S. Miles
    J. Stuart
    MC
    M. Lawless
    P. Keen
    T. Chitu
    M. Young
    E. Koppe
    J. McKenzie
    R. Glover
    Helpers:
    D. Jones
    W. Smith
    D. Norris
    S. Orriss
    J. Bard
    R. Ayers
    J. Davis
    Ashley?
  • 71 riders in total now! Busy turn out.
  • Start list link here