Welcome to the forum

Melbourn Greenway Consultation - please complete

edited June 2019 in General
Hi all,

John Meadows, Stevie and myself are all members of the A10 Corridor Cycle Campaign. You may have noticed improvements to the path alongside the A10, mainly down to the work of this group.

We now have a major opportunity to gain funding for a cycling bridge over the A505 at Royston to continue the path from Melbourn. This would be a major benefit for cyclists in Melbourn, Meldreth, Royston, Bassingbourn, Shepreth and Foxton. It would allow us to extend the options on club runs. The opportunity is via the Melbourn Greenway plan. More details when you link to the survey.

We need as many people as possible to complete the consultation survey. Please could you spend 5 minutes to do this. It won't take you long if you just state that you strongly agree with most of the proposals and please put the bridge over the A505 is your main priority. If you want a copy of the A10 campaign suggested responses then let me know and I'll email it to you.
Survey here: https://consultcambs.uk.engagementhq.com/greenways-melbourn-sawston/survey_tools/Melbournsurvey2019

Please post up here if you have responded so I can see how the numbers are going. We are trying to reach 1000 responses in total.

A10 Corridor Campaign website here: a10corridorcycle.com

Comments

• Mark the link for the survey does not seem to work
  • Done.
  • Done :-)
  • edited June 2019
    Thanks Tim that worked - DONE!
  • Thanks Tim for the link that works and everyone else so far for completing.
  • Done. Will get Meridian Tri (based on Melbourn) on board.
  • Thank you Mark for posting this 'Melbourn Greenway Consultation' up on here and also to Tim for posting the link directly to the online survey.

Thanks indeed to all of you that have so far completed this online survey.

Mark's words say it all really. We are now in our 7th year of campaigning and have reached a critical stage in getting the provision of a cycle bridge over the A505 at Royston and a proper cycle path between Melbourn and Royston, which will link up to the new A10 cycle path from Melbourn to Cambridge.

We are though competing for funds with several other similar projects and as many survey responses as possible are absolutely vital. Thank you for all your support.
  • Thanks again to everyone who has done this.

If anyone is interested, the next campaign meeting is the 10th July, 7:30pm at The Plough, Shepreth. 10% off drinks for anyone arriving by bike!
  • Done for Jackie
  • edited July 2019
    Thank you Mark and particular a big thank you to all of you that have completed the online survey responses. We need as many responses as possible, so please keep them coming. I feel I should also mention the various drop-in events that are being held in the area regarding the details of this proposed project, for example:

Thursday 11 July 2019
    Melbourn Hub drop-in event - Melbourn Greenways Consultation
    We will be at Melbourn Hub from 6:30pm - 8:30pm to listen to your views and answer any questions you might have on the proposed Greenway routes. Address: 30 High St, Melbourn, Royston SG8 6DZ

Tuesday 16 July 2019
    Addenbrookes drop- in event - Sawston Greenways Consultation
    We will be at Addenrbookes Hospital on the food concourse from 11:00am - 1:00pm to listen to your views and answer any questions you might have on the proposed Greenway routes. Address: Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QQ

As well as a few others - for further details see:

https://consultcambs.uk.engagementhq.com/greenways-melbourn-sawston/key_dates#1372

Their was also a Jaguar XF versus cyclist accident on this awful and dangerous for cyclists roundabout just last week - see:

https://www.royston-crow.co.uk/news/collision-on-a505-near-royston-1-6139725
  • edited July 2019
    Hi John, hopefully you'll get some from Meridian Tri on Thursday, I've posted on their page.
  • edited July 2019
    Thanks Kevin (Stiggers) the support of Meridian Tri will be just great, as I know you have lots of members now.