Welcome to the forum

0800 Saturday 13th July

The forecast for this weekend is wind from the North was thinking of heading that way, may be Ely, Oundle or Water Mill Tea Rooms near Woodford.

Comments

• see you at 8 :-) I'm ok w. either
  • On holiday for a week so have a good one chaps.
  • I'm hoping to get over. I'm happy to do either, but I need to be back for 2pm tho.
    Cheers
  • hope to be there also.
  • Doing UK Étape tomorrow so a no from me
  • 6 out yesterday for a trip north to the water mill tea roomsnear Woodford. Made the schoolboy error of forgetting to load the route in my GPS but we had the ever reliable 'Phil Nav' with us.

Fortunately we were at the café and tucking into our bacon rolls before 20-30 riders from Wellingborough Cycle club returned from their club runs.

Sorted the Garmin at the café so we dropped back on the route for the return leg because Phil was missing the wiggly roads!

Nice wind assist on the return leg helped to push up the ave speed, not that it was slow out into the wind.

Rehydration strategy employed back at the Tuns.

My stats, but these include the to and from Biggleswade .

172.03km, 30.75km/h ave, 1150m.
  • edited July 2019
    official Ashwell to Ashwell stats...89mles, 19.2 avg...3560 ft climbing...
  • Great ride Saturday cheers guys. I wish we could have a wind assist like that every week.

Sorry for going the wrong way at Gr Barford, I turned around but I got held up at the traffic lights for ages. I hammered it to catch you. Could see you in the distance out of Cople and was making gains, see your flashing rear lights now and then in the distance as target. I quite enjoyed the chase, totally emptying the tank, and nearly caught on in Northill but got stuck behind a car and I went a different way to you guys at Ickwell. Averaged 21.5mph from Gr Barford to Jordans, gutted I didnt make the catch. Probably would have done if i went the same way.