Welcome to the forum

Zwift - Registering and Zwift Power

So, once your have the kit and logged in to Zwift, what's next?...

Well, get exploring obviously and start racking up some km/kudos in order to work your way up through the levels. This will unlock new routes and bonus kit.

In order to recognise yourself as part of CC Ashwell (and make it easier for clubmates to find you, and you them) don't forget to add 'CCA' as a suffix to your Zwift Name. My Zwift name is 'MATT SCALES (CCA)'

Registering on Zwift Power

Racing on Zwift is absolutely the most challenging and exciting thing you can do inside on a bike. If you’ve never tried it, you owe it to yourself to give it a go, no matter your abilities!

The following is a very important one-time step many Zwifters miss! You must opt-in to share your ride data with ZwiftPower.com, or you will not be included in official race results. Log into your account at https://my.zwift.com/, click Profile>Connections, and click to enable sharing with Zwift Power.

While you’re on the connections page, double-check to make sure you’ve connected your Zwift account to Strava, as this is helpful if ride organisers need to verify your numbers.

Create and Validate your Zwift Power Account

Visit Zwift Power and create an account. Follow the instructions and make sure you enter your ZwiftID. You will need to verify account ownership by adding a 4-digit code to your Zwift surname, then logging into Zwift for at least a minute before clicking “Connect Account” on Zwift Power.

Get a Heart Rate Monitor

Most races require you to transmit heart rate data, as this helps reduce cheating. If you don’t already own a heart rate monitor, we highly recommend the Wahoo Tickr line due to its durability and connectivity.

Join the CCA Zwift Power Team.

Once you are registered on Zwift Power, you can search and join the CCA Team. Once logged in, just search for 'Ashwell' under the 'Teams' tab and request to join.

Comments

• https://www.zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=5302

Direct link to CCA Zwift Power Team.

Maybe we can get on some Team TT events at some point.
  • I have requested to be added to the team :)
  • Team Hitchin Nomads ‘HNCC’ have a regular race night on Thursdays & Race in the BRT Criterium League @ 7.20pm - it would be good to see some CCA there too!
  • Well done Matt for setting this up. I've requested too and added the CCA tag! Was on it tonight and had the classic forgot-to-put-the-charger-in moment and all went dead. Perhaps I could do the BRT this week.
  • You also might want to get yourselves a CCA team kit. If you google ‘Zwift Jerseys’ there are a range of kits you can unlock. You have to start the game on a PC / laptop & press ‘P’. Then type in the code. The code ‘GOWSR’ looks like it gives you the bluest jersey. It’s best to do this in advance of doing a ride / race.
  • edited January 2020
    7 team members so far...
  • edited January 2020
    Great idea Matt. I've joined but unfortunately won't be doing any Zwifting - or any other kind of riding - for some weeks as I stupidly managed to break my leg slipping on some ice on holiday earlier this week :-(
  • Tim. Sorry to hear that. Get well soon. Hope you get back on your bike by summer time.
  • Oh no Tim, that's bad timing at start of new season. Hopefully it mends quickly
  • Thanks guys, yeah it's a minor fracture and they want me to start putting some weight on it, so hopefully I'll be riding again in 4-6 weeks, albeit slowly!
  • I'm all signed up, paid up... now I just need to get on the bike I guess? :pleased:
  • Skelders, sent you a zwift follow request. follow me back and i can invite you along for tomorrows ride
  • Ok, all setup and following and ready now :)
  • In order to be recognised as a CCA team at future competitive Zwift events..TTs, races etc, make sure you get yourself on Zwift Power as described above^^^

Once you submit your request to join the CCA Team, I will accept your request. However....

**Please make sure you pay your 1st or 2nd claim subs before joining!!**
  • Matt! If I only have a Bluetooth powermeter and not a smart trainer, will it still work?
  • Yes Will, you can go off power from your powermeter as well, what are you using to run Zwift? I use an Apple TV and it only receives BT so that's no issue
  • That's the setup I have too. But I had to get a new HR monitor which supports bluetooth as well as ANT+. Not relying on the trainer for power output allows me to use rollers.