Welcome to the forum

Fantasy Tour De France 2020

edited August 2020 in General
Hi all
This is being run again this year by the tour organisation after they crushed the little independent guy who had been running a fantasy league.

That said it was pretty slick and is all set up again with same details as last year which can be found here.

Join me in the league now no.978 : CCA TDF Fantasy League
Password : UUADK
By clicking or copy and pasting this link : https://fantasy.letour.fr/#welcome/register/?parrain=obxe5j5&ligue=978&mdp=UUADKt

You cannot add riders yet as they don't know who is riding but

There is a chance to get some extra points by engaging early and taking a daily quiz. It's timed multiple choice. The longer you take to answer the less points you get so it does not take long.

See You there. I think we had 20 plus teams last year.
I
Leave a comment if you have entered and spread the word amongst other club members.

Comments

• 4 entered so far.

Mark Wyer leading the quiz with an impressive 8/10 and 706 points.

The quiz is just an extra but the points are tallied and at the end and if you have enough are converted to add a bit more spending power for your team.
  • Up to 9 now.
    There is a new quiz every day until the 20th. Early entry means more chances with the quiz To get some extra credits when the teams are available.
  • Well done Stuart. I will sign up. Not sure who has the trophy at the minute
  • I think I was top 3 last year and David H won it?
    I was not at prize giving so don't know if it was presented?

Did terribly on the quiz today but the couple i got right i answered quickly so still picked up a few points.
  • Yes, I won it but the trophy had disappeared.
  • 11 signed up now.

It's not to late to play the daily quiz which is purely optional.

You could still get enough points for 50 extra credits when buying your team.

The quiz goes on until the 20th.

The riders will be available on August 24th 2020!
  • Get your teams in people!
  • 15 now signed up.
    You need to have a team entered before the start.

I misunderstood the extra credits for doing the quiz. This is not credits for buying team members it is if you want to swap riders later.

So Everyone starts with 120 to spend on the team so a level playing field.
  • Mark W takes early lead. Dave W - what happened there?
  • Easy now, Stuart- 20 more stages (hopefully) to go - I'm playing the long game...😉
  • Fair enough. Bit better after stage 2
  • Yeah, I'm playing the long game too!
  • Gutted- picked the winner today (no spoiler), but mistakenly clicked on his teammate for leader...🤦
  • Well done 'Last Again'... Whoever you are! You certainly weren't this year!

I never really got going. Even my sure bet Rogz let me down. If only there was another grand tour in 2 weeks to try again!...
  • The final standings. Not sure who last again is. The league can be entered by anyone so maybe not a CCA member? Mark was in the lead for a long time but dropped to 2nd and stayed there. There was a bit of movement in the lower ranks but positions did not change that much over the 3 weeks. Who would have predicted the TT result?

Lantern Rouge was pretty much occupied by Dave throughout :-)

I think the trick is to use the credits to swap out riders as the race goes on and not forget to change the team captain daily.

1LAST AGAIN

2MWYER

3PEDAL TO PARIS

4TOMI IOMI

5 CCRHINO

6 FEEL FREE TO ATTACK

7 BROKEN BONES

8 COFFEE & CROISSANTS

9 QUARANTYRED

10 LILAC HARRY QUINN

11 TEAM NOAH

12 SKELDERS

13 TEAM WEBBER

14 FLOCKBAND

15 GO GO GO VALVERDE

16 BLUE STAR RT

17 INEOSOS

18 MONSTERMUNCH-DEEPHEAT-VARTA

19 WELLSY'S WOBBLERS
  • Thanks Stuart! Interesting, I didn't have that bad a team, individually, although I did assign the wrong captain a couple of times. Missed the fact that you could switch riders in and out, though...
  • Last again belongs to me Stuart, I had a very slow start, pretty much stripped out the whole team and picked a new captain daily. It was very close battle with Mark in the end. Thanks for organising this, it did make watching the highlights a lot more interesting.
  • I thought you had a job, Dan?
  • New job - Fantasy DS
  • edited September 2020
    Like DaveW I didn’t think my team was too bad, but I was fighting it out with Dan for the lantern rouge for most of the tour. Think that you need to have a team of sprinters for the first week and swap it for GC/climbers afterwards ? Changing the team on the rest days didn’t seem to help either :(