Welcome to the forum

Ryan - Moving to Cheshire

edited October 2020 in General
Hey all, just to let you know (mainly Saturday 9.30 riders and anyone else I met on the Wells rides mainly) that following a family decision we have decided to very very swiftly move back up North to the Cheshire/Peak District area. Just wanted to say it has been such a pleasure riding out with you all and meeting new people down here. CC Ashwell is certainly one of the highlights of my 5 year stay in the area. I hope to come back down to join you on a ride some time soon, especially the Wells classic which I would say is one of the best cycling experiences I've had.

I follow a lot of you on Strava so look forward to continuing to do so and also hope to remain a member of CC Ashwell. I'm also on Zwift like many on here so hopefully see you virtually !!! Let me know if you are ever in the Peak District and I can join you on the hills!

All the best,
Ryan

Comments

• Good luck up north Ryan. It's been great riding with you over the last few years, and you know where to find us on a Saturday morning if you ever fancy a spin around the Herts lanes :)

Looking forward to seeing all of those Peak district hills on Strava - you might need some new gears though !!
  • Thanks David!!! New gears.. maybe, wait and see!!
  • Best of luck with the move Ryan, it's certainly going to be a change from the flatlands!
  • Thanks Tim! For sure, will have to get used to it again! All the best!!!!!
  • I hope all goes well with the move up north Ryan, happy riding up there!
  • Thanks Jenny, all the best to you both!!
  • Where abouts Ryan, I grew up in Poynton and still have family in the area (not that I can visit with the local restrictions). Don't tend to take the bike up there much, but did do the Cycle With Amy sportive a few years ago that was fun - up into the hills and back past the Cat & Fiddle.
    Hope the move goes well.
  • Hiya Ryan. I may be riding around the Peaks this winter with some Mancunian friends. I'll let you know if that goes ahead and see if we can hook up.

I fully expect to see you on Wells ride 2021 and to hear about life in the Peaks, whilst attacking a Scotch egg in the Fenman.

cheers!
  • All the best Ryan.
  • All the best for your move Ryan.
    Looking forward to riding with you again in the future / next year on a Sat 9.30 or the Wells ride.
    Good luck 👍
  • Thanks Simon! Yes we are renting in Alderley Edge but likely buying close to Macclesfield where I was born and where we lived for over 20 years. Hopefully see you up there sometime!!
  • Martin yes sounds great mate!! Gives me some time to train on the hills!!! Definitely let me know! Cheers!!
  • Thanks Matt and David!! Yes see you both hopefully on the Wells 2021 ride. Take care!
  • All the best Ryan. See you on the next Wells trip with all your sandwiches.
  • Thanks Graham hahahaha
  • All the best with the move Ryan. It was nice to meet you on the Wells ride. See you at Wells 2021 !
  • Thanks Chris nice meeting you too!! See you then!!
  • Ryan. Gutted to hear your moving. All the best for the move and hope to see you on the next Wells ride mate.
  • Hi Ryan. Good luck with the move. See you on the tour of the peaks hopefully. Great cycling and keep well 😉
  • Many thanks Keith!! Yes see you up here hopefully!!! All the best!
  • Thanks Taff!! Hopefully see you as you say on the Wells ride!! Take care
  • All the very best Ryan, it was enjoyable riding with you. Maybe see you in the Peaks sometime!?
  • Thanks Bob!! Same here!! And yes let me know if you are ever up here!
  • Hi Ryan, only just seen this thread. It was good to ride with you , all the best for the future. Regards Alan
  • Thanks Alan, you too!! All the best pal !!
  • Woah! I’ve been out of the loop and only just saw this. All the best for the move and the future, Ryan. As they (almost) say on Strictly: Keeeeep Cycling! 😀
  • Thanks Andrew!! All the best and let me know if you are ever up in the Peak District! Keep pedalling! 🚴‍♀️🚴🏻🚴🏻