Welcome to the forum

Welcome to Chris as new Club Secretary

edited December 2020 in General
Hi all,

Currently the Club Secretary role is vacant and we are looking for a new addition to our committee to take on this role. Are you looking to become more involved with the club and help shape its future, are you highly organised and have some spare time on your hands and would like to give something back then perhaps this is a role for you?

What does the role look like:

- Dead easy and not looking at a huge time commitment (approx 4 hours per month)
- Primary point of contact for British Cycling communications to the club
- Ensuring annual club affiliations
- Point of contact along with Chair for fielding general communications/emails
- Work with the committee to organise monthly/quarterly meetings
- Facilitate committee meetings and draw up minutes
- Organise and chair AGM

This is open to any age or gender and you do not need to be an active cyclist or indeed an active club member but are looking for a way to get more involved.

If you are interested or would like to know more then please get in touch with myself or any other committee member either here or by email.

Thanks
Emma

Comments

• Don’t forget the important roll of beer consumer at regular committee meetings when the pubs are open too...
  • Or even a G&T or a cheeky lemonade !
  • Hi Emma, if this is still available i'd like to help? Never done anything like this before so may need some support but happy to learn, give me a shout. Cheers
  • Thanks Chris - ive PM'ed you
  • Dear members,

In response to the above post, I am pleased to announce that Chris Potter will be taking over the role of Club Secretary. Welcome to the team Chris and we look forward to having you onboard. The Committee would also like to say a big thank you to Jess for all of his hard work and effort in this role over the past few years which has been greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Emma on behalf of the CCA Committee.
  • Thanks to Jess and all well done, Chris!