Welcome to the forum

Belgium Beer!!

Hi All,

With hopefully a return to Club Runs being imminent together outdoor/indoor hospitality I thought I would put this idea out to gauge interest.

The plan would to have an trip out to Café Belge, Beachampton
https://www.cafe-belge.co.uk/

Route to be finalised, but likely to be circa 100 miles with 1500m ish of climbing.

Possible date:
Sunday 18th April, coincides with Amstel Gold (yes, I know its not Belgium, but the classics will be pretty much over).

Let me know.

Comments

• Yes from me
  • Would definitely be up for this. Fingers crossed my back will be fixed soon and I can get some miles in before hand.
  • Yep I'm up for this, though like Taff need to get some miles under the belt!
  • 18th I am in please Martyn
  • 18th still a bit away but I'd say I'm 99.99% in :grin:
  • Ok, bit of an update. I took a ride over to the Cafe last week, but there was no sign of activity and at the moment they are not responding to any messages.

There are however other options, the farm shop in Mursley have said they would happy to see us at their Cafe after the 12th April and I have couple of others in mind.

I will finalise the route and post after the weekend.

If there are more than 6 we will split into groups as per the current club rules.
  • Hi MC,

Are going to join us, all inclusive pace.
  • Route link below.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/51901683

Plenty of options for bail outs if anyone wants a shorter ride.

We will leave the 3 Tuns, Ashwell at 0900 prompt and then meet up with Phil en-route around 'Deadmans Cross'.

Still no response from Cafe Belge to phone calls or emails, so we will use the farm shop in Mursley (marked on the route).
  • Cafe Belge have finally got back to me to say that they are hoping to reopen mid May. Will therefore definitely go to the farm shop in Mursley.

See you all Sunday.

Martin
  • Great to catch up with friends on the bike and in the sun, what do more do you need?

We headed out with the normal Sunday 0900 group, picked up Strappy in Langford and Steve and Skelders at Deadman’s cross.

The 0900 group lead by Vince split off just past Steppingly and 4 continued to a coffee stop at Nonna’s (Woburn Sands). Andy and I then pressed on with rest of the route leaving Skelders and Steve with rest of the beautiful people having brunch.

Nice coffee and cake at Mursley farm shop before homeward leg via Tom’s Hill and the other lumps! Andy as usual making the hills look effortless.

As a heads up the Brickhill climb road surface is very rough, would not want to descend it.
  • Fantastic route Martin. I 'learned' some new roads in my back yard. No mean feat!

Lovely to ride with everyone again.