Welcome to the forum

Saturday 24th April 9.30am club/intermediate ride

Forecast looks good for tomorrow and might even be a bit spring-like !!

Easterly wind, so how about something like this - hilly start, bit rolling, then flat with maybe a tailwind finish....

Ashwell-Therfield-Reed-Barkway-Nuthamstead-Ansty-Measden-Langley-Dudenhoe End-Elmdon-Shepreth-Meldreth-Bassingbourn-Ashwell (41 miles)

Something a bit like this, but obviously with a few deviations thrown in here and there for good measure ;)

https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1362365437

See you in the morning, as usual if there are more than 6 we can split into two groups.

Comments

• Looks good, hope to be out.
  • Me too. Is there an abrupt right-hand turn to a cafe on this route too?
  • Yep, I'll be out.
  • Count me in.
  • hopefully third time lucky l get there on time !!!
  • edited April 2021
    Bumper turnout on Sat for a spin in some glorious spring sunshine. The twelve of us split into two groups, a faster and a not quite so fast, with both groups doing the prescribed route above.

Great route it was too, and as described bit of a hilly start, then a bit rolling before and awesome tailwind assisted flat run all the way back to Ashwell. Also squeezed in a bonus cafe stop at the new El Cafecito cafe in Fowlmere for some excellent coffee bean based beverages :)

So bang on 40 miles @15 for the steady group & the same mileage with a bit more umph for the fast chaps.

Thanks all for a great morning, hopefully more of the same next week