Welcome to the forum

Inter Club 25 on F14/25 - Sunday 18th July 2021 - HQ GMVH; START LIST; First Starter 09:01

edited July 2021 in Time Trial
Hi All,

CCA has made a spirited start to its defence of its 2019 Inter Club Title winning the Inter Club 30 on 27th June. The IC15 was cancelled/postponed, though I've not yet heard of any rearrangment. So this is potentially the second of four rounds. Typically, CCA does well on its home event. As we put on a couple of mid-season 25s on the same course, a number of you took advantage to get a taste of the course and riding the distance. So let's get a good showing out and push home our advantage in the competition, eh?

Also, this race doubles as CCA's individual 25 time trial championships.

Entries are now open via Bedford Road CC's excellent SPOCO on-line booking system. You can access that here. Click on "Enter an event" and the drop-down shows the IC25.

From the Inter Club WhatsApp group, I believe that the following are able to ride. Please let me know if you wish to join the Team!:
C. Luggeri
S. Messina (early start requested)
W. Smith
R. Buky? (though unlikely)
R. Bumstead
L. Danckert
B. Ronayne
E. Koppe
C. Potter
M. Young

Comments

• edited July 2021
    me please Andy - have just entered
    Jackie
  • Thanks a million Jackie!
  • edited July 2021
    J. Field
    C. Luggeri
    W. Smith (possible)
    R. Bumstead
    L. Danckert
    B. Ronayne
    E. Koppe
    C. Potter
    M. Young
  • I have published a document with all the usual rules etc. on my Google Drive. The link is here. If you can't access, please shout and I'll email it to you.
  • Thanks to all the Team for signing up. If you need a particular start time (early/late) let me know, though by the looks of things we'll be under the usual 75 or so entries so we should all be done early.
    J. Field
    C. Luggeri
    W. Smith (possible)
    R. Bumstead
    L. Danckert
    B. Ronayne
    E. Koppe
    C. Potter
    M. Young
    S. Martinsson
    J. Andrews
    M. Lawless
  • I’ve just entered. An early start time would be really helpful if possible? Many thanks
  • Fantastic! Yes absolutely Chris. Great to have you on board.
  • edited July 2021
    J. Field
    C. Luggeri
    W. Smith (possible)
    R. Bumstead
    L. Danckert
    B. Ronayne
    E. Koppe
    C. Potter
    M. Young
    S. Martinsson
    J. Andrews
    M. Lawless
    C. Lynch (early start requested)
  • edited July 2021
    Thanks also to our volunteer helpers:

Dave H.
    MC
    Georgie
    Stuart F.
    Dave W.
    Stephen O.
  • Have signed up officially Andy - Cheers!
  • edited July 2021
    I've uploaded the start list to my Google Drive here and circulated on the InterClub WhatsApp group. If you can't access, please PM me and I'll send it direct. To save on admin, any late entrants will be tagged on the end of the current start list. That is, your start time won't change between now and Sunday. If you need to switch start time, please find another CCA to swap with you. Thanks!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy the ride; the weather looks good! :-)
  • Slick organising Andy - well done.
  • Thank you Andy, and all the helpers. Very well run.
  • Many thanks CCA from HNCC - a well run event. Ps - I'm only CCA on Wednesdays!
  • Thanks to all the helpers and really well run event Andy, thankyou
  • I've seen a picture of my doormat on the BRCC FB page of property left at the TT this morning. if you text me know where it is I will come & collect it as its a useful bit of kit for TTs. 07475 739833
  • edited August 2021
    With many apologies to all for the EXTREMELY late report on this event (was a wee bit distracted that weekend as my Father came to stay and the Forum report slipped my mind after I'd calculated the scores and circulated to the other Inter Club organisers. Sorry!)

Coming into the event, BRCC's Inter Club 15 had unfortunately been cancelled beause of a cluster of the Delta variant in Bedford (remember that?!), but Team CCA had stolen a march in the competition with a strong performance in the Nomads organised Inter Club 30. So it was that we entered the Inter Club 25 in first place in the standings with 95 points to Nomads 23 in second.

If you recall, the Inter Club 25 took place during a mini-heatwave. Conditions even by the start time of 09:01 were oppressive and there was at least one DNF who climbed off after the first circuit. I remember seeing Salvo in his Velotoze and thinking his feet were going to take a bath. :-) So all in all, anyone who competed was built of stern stuff. Into this fray stepped your Inter Club Team who, I think the expression is, "smashed it"!

In the conditions, St. Neots Sam McDonald's winning time of 54:31 is astonishing. Chapeau to him. However, elsewehere in the mens' comp CCA placed 2nd with Luke D., 3rd with Brendan, 5th with Jason and 7th with Chris L., all four of whom broke the hour, 8th with Salvo, Martin 10th and Siggi 12th. Jackie customarily won the womens' comp. But the neat thing about the Inter Club competition is its not just about the scoring riders, but those who take points off the other teams. In this respect, the more riders, the better the net result for CCA. And so it proved, with Emma and Jenny providing excellent support to Jackie and Robert Bumstead and Carmelo doing the same in the mens comp.

The full CCA results are here:

Ladies:
    1. J. Field 1.01.37
    4. E. Koppe 1.07.33
    6. J. Andrews 1.10.11
    Mens:
    2. L. Danckert 56.38
    3. B. Ronanye 59.04
    5. J. Stuart 59.30
    7. C. Lynch 59.35
    8. S. Messina 1.00.37
    10. M. Lawless 1.00:47
    12. S. Martinsson 1.01.47
    22. R. Bumstead 1.07.37
    26. C. Luggeri 1.09.04
    I am exceedingly grateful to our helpers, who were Stuart F. as head timekeeper ably assisted by spotter Dave W. David M., Stephen O., Dave H. and MC worked the corners. Thanks all. We received very positive feedback, so great job!

So, the standings following the event had a pretty good look to them from the CCA standpoint:
    1. CCA 351
    2. BRCC 194
    3. IRC 164
    4. SNCC 162
    5. HNCC 93
  • Did I get a time penalty for being late to the start? This is quite a lot different from the time I recorded...
  • Let me check, Siggi…