Welcome to the forum

Wed 7pm off road ride is back

edited April 2022 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Off road Wednesday is back! Leaving the Tuns at 7pm prompt, CX or MTB. The route is around 17miles, max effort off road but we will regroup at the and end of bridleway sections, no one will get lost and we are never that far from Ashwell but you must be self sufficient and able to repair any punctures/resolve bike issues on your own. All welcome, let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• We are on for tomorrow

Arbury Banks
    Pig farm
    Hinxworth
    Ridge Way
    Green Lane (running firm)
    Biggleswade
    Dunton
    Northfield Road (chaingang)

See you there.
  • As green lane is rideable let's go with this route again but in reverse. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm
  • See at the Tuns 👍🏻
  • Ella and me in. Will ride our ride and see if we can catch you. Or will leave five mins earlier
  • 11 out tonight, conditions not as good as last week and Green Lane was challenging in reverse. Most likely heading out on Sun for 40miles off road, will post later once the route is confirmed.
  • https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33387377

Out to Baldock this week, leaving the Tuns at 7pm, see you there
  • 9 out this evening, it stayed dry but the trails were mucky, everything stinks! The route is a keeper, apparently done before but I didn't recognise it all. One sketchy section to look out for on the Hertfordshire Way, disc brakes certsinly helped. No off road club run this Sun but check out Mark's G-ride leaving smallgains at 8.30
  • As good as Daves route is I think there are only a few weeks left before green lane gets overgrown so let's hit the 'classic' route this week, up green lane is the preferred direction.
  • Just 5 our this evening, despite all the rain during the day the trails were in good shape, felt very tough after chain gang!
  • Leaving the Tuns at 7 tomorrow, Baldock route but in reverse this week, I'll get the gpx posted on here tomorrow
  • 9 out tonight for the Baldock route in reverse, quite challenging getting up the Hertfordshire way, some great downhill sections. Will try and organise an off road ride for this Sat.
  • Back to the Green Lane classic this Wednesday, running CW. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm
  • 7 out tonight, Dunton down to the chicken farm is a real mess at the moment and probably best avoided unless you are on a MTB, shame as that was one of my favourite sections. Will revert back to the Baldock route for next week, I think Daniel would like to send a ride out from Hitchin as well one week
  • Heading out to Baldock tomorrow leaving the Tuns at 7pm, see you there
  • 11 out last week for the Baldock route. Let's go in reverse this Wed'. Leaving the Tuns at 7pm
  • Dan's away this Wednesday so I'll plan a route. Was thinking some sort of Dunton route/Baldock route hybrid mashup. Might be a bit longer than usual but weather looks amazing and it's day after solstice so light shouldn't be a problem.
  • Defo a top evening in store.
    Lights and a cheeky one
  • Baldock CW route this evening, leaving the Tuns at 7pm, see you there
  • Green Lane classic this week, leaving the Tuns at 7pm, see you there
  • Baldock CCW this week, leaving the Tuns at 7pm.
  • Back to Green Lane this week, weather looking slightly better, will probably take it steady this week so a good chance for any newcomers to give it a go
  • Baldock CW this week, trying to avoid the ruts on the Hertfordshire Way, leaving the Tuns at 7pm
  • Meeting at the Tuns at 7pm as usual but will be heading down to Smallgains this week for a few laps of the summer CX course. All welcome.
  • Heading to Smallgains again this week. Will be running the course in reverse so let's get the features dialled in, a couple of no brake laps, flying lap and some hurdle practice. Meet at smallgains for 7.10 or the Tuns for 7
  • Smallgains again this week at 7pm. Will be rolling past the Tuns at 6.50