Welcome to the forum

Club 10, 05.06.13

edited June 2013 in Time Trial
Almost a full field, sunny, dry with a strongish wind but from the unusual and possibly favourable? NE

H Farrell 22.30 WW
J Stuart 22.31 pb
W Smith 22.50 pb
G Farrell 22.50 WW
J Maynard 23.12 WW
M Constable 23.17 pb
A Morris 23.28
T Trimble 23.33
L Dankert 25.14 pb
L Holmes 25.17
T Bedford 25.45 pb
S Dixon 26.58
M Martin 27.19
J Field 27.27
J McKenzie 27.49
T Fisher 28.24 pb
M Pullen 28.34 pb
A Skeen 28.47
T Weir 28.47
C Pugh 28.53
T Davidson 29.24 pb
J Wilson 29.27 pb
J Dow 29.46
A Hartley 30.00
R Bumstead 30.08
J Meadows 32.34
R Maynard 32.40 WW
S Watts 33.06 pb
C Dyce DNF puncture

So, 4 22's, 4 23's and no 24's! weird. Well done to Henry Farrell for the win by 1 second. Will joins the 22 club, Tim F beats his goal time before heading off East for a year and loads of people get a pb. Everyones happy, except possibly James Mc who had to borrow a wheel after puncturing at the start and Craig D who punctured a tub at the top of Northfields.
Thanks to Matt for timekeeping and Carmelo for shoving.

Comments

• Many thanks Tim, Matt & Carmelo.... your time is much appreciated by us all...!
  • Thanks from me too, this is a seriously addictive activity!
  • Ha, be careful, before you know it you will be talking obscure course codes, getting up at the crack of dawn on a sunday to ride a dual carriageway near Ipswich and remortgaging your house to buy disc wheels, pointy helmet and the latest teflon coated lycra.
  • Oh. Is that the wrong thing to do or the right thing to do?
  • Right thing!!! Enjoyed tonight, think i need to do more of this. Did i notice someone taking photos??
  • Theres no wrong thing to do in cyclesport (not even mountain biking) especially if it requires getting another bike....n+1 remember.
  • Yes Tim currently 18 I think in our house. (even MTB's :-)

It was me taking pics and will post a link when I have uploaded them. Some will not be that good as I was taking them on the move myself.

Stuart
  • edited June 2013
    I'm not so sure that there's no wrong thing to do in cycle sport Tim... :)

Bike polo
  • edited June 2013
    The guy with no head gear, is his bike collapsing down in on its self?

Thanks to all those who time kept and set off - almost as horrible as last year's TT, my only other TT experience.
    How the guys and gals who do this, week in - week out is quite beyond me; it's brutal, thus .... I retire ; 0

PS - I would like to take credit for the favourable wind since it was my "last ride" for the foreseeable future.
  • No, hes riding an old lo pro with shamals! as a polo bike. Hey, maybe we could have polo matches on the tennis courts? that might be fun
  • Remember that the correct number of bikes is n - 1 (that's n minus one), where "n" equals the number of bikes that would result in separation from your chosen life partner!

Read The Rules as posted by the Velominati, the Keepers of the Cog ... Available at a website near you! ;-)
  • Looks like me and Nigel missed a float day :(

Will, you can stop going faster now, thanks!
  • disc wheel next week, chris...
  • Oh
    my
    god
  • A brief resume of how I lopped some time off my only other TT this time last year.

Thanks to those who joined me for a beer last night - cheers.
  • edited June 2013
    From CCA TT 5th June
    Some pics can be found at https://picasaweb.google.com/104992403675793576424/CCATT5thJune# or click on the 5th June link above

They are not all wonky like this.

Feel free to copy and download. Sorry if I missed you.

Stuart
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks!
    Looks like I have a death grip going on with the bike - but the colour scheme works which was quite unintentional I promise!
  • That's one hell of a steep hill!
    Even the trees are falling over backwards
  • Many thanks to geoff118 for the loan of a front wheel for a restart at the back of the field. Also thanks to Tim, Matt and Carmelo for their help.
  • Hey James, considering you did 45 miles @ 18.8 avg earlier in the morning that was e good ride!
  • James' ride was a total of 63 miles in the morning .... then the flat tyre and a walk back, then his TT.
    All on the back of having recently turned 20 (for the third time).