Welcome to the forum

HELP YOUR CLUB - GET CRB CHECKED: Tues 21st Feb

edited October 2011 in General
the club needs more CRB checked adults so we have more adult riders approved to accompany youth riders on club rides.

i believe this is a pretty painless procedure (no needles or anything like that!) and once its done its valid for 3 years, and theres no obligation to then do anything, it just means we can be sure we have CRB checked adults available when a youth rider turns up for a club ride.

3 of the committee have voluntered and if we can get a group together we will organise the CRB check.

Can you help? thanks

Comments

• Not sure if this helps at all..

As my wife is a childminded I have an advanced CRB - am happy to be added to any list you are putting together

Mark
  • thanks for the offer. i am not an expert but have been told you have to be crb checked seperately for different activities, but maybe if you are advance checked that doent count?

anyway will check with the experts when we actually get round to the crb checking bit.
    thanks again
  • Happy to do this
  • I have one from when we set up the youth cycling, football and one from 2011.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm 'enhanced crb' checked and have done level 1 child protection training and also st john's basic first aid but don't really actually remember much of that now...
  • Quite happy to do this as well but don't really agree with it. All it appears to prove is that I'm either innocent or I am or have been a paedophile but haven't been caught.

Nothing like innocent until proven guilty.

Darren
  • We all understand where you are coming from Darren...thanks for stepping up. You are correct as these checks only identify someone who has a record. They cannot identify the potential abuser. This is however where we are and we have to play by the rules laid down. we have a good group of people in our club and all would be o.k. in my book.
  • Im happy to be CRB checked if that helps. Rachael
  • I'd better sign up to this too.

Daniel
  • thanks to all who have voluntered. will be sorting out a date and time when we can get the check done in the next few weeks, will post here
  • Hi Stef... You can put my name in the hat also...Thanks, John
  • I've been done elsewhere recently, so at least I know I'll pass!
    Put me down to go through it again....yet another riduculous bureaucratic rule...need a separate check for each organisation (which you never have to then update again), but as you say Geoff, we have no option but to play by the rules! Paul
  • I will need one as well...
  • put me down for the the darn check, test thing. With so many youths in the club we need to have enough elligible riders to guarantee them a sunday ride.
  • looking good people...thanks...over to you Stef. suggest a quick mail to Mark Wyer and Richard.....previously they have sorted the checks on a night so all can be done efficiently at one sitting....
  • Hi Guys,

Mark and I have already talked about this. We will announce a date for an evening at my house. i just have to get some more forms.

Richard
  • Worth getting this out of the way. Please add my name to the list.

Adam
  • I have an enhanced CRB check for hertfordshire as a school teacher. You can add me to the list as well. If you need my CRB number let me know.

Rich
  • Just bringing this back to the top.

Just a clarification point. If you have been CRB'd with another organisation or with your job you still need to do a CRB check through British Cycling.

As an example, at one point I held CRB Certificates for Cycling, Football and Rugby as well as being vetted by my job.

I'm discussing possible dates with Mark W. and will put it up here in the near future, it will most probably be a Tuesday night.

Just for completeness, and to make sure everything goes through without a hitch, you will need to bring with you on the night: -

Passport
    Driving Licence (both parts if you have a two part licence)
    Birth Certificate
    Recent Utility Bill with your current name and address.
    P45 or P60 (or certified replacements) bearing your NI no. failing this something else with your NI no.
    If you have a wedding certificate this would help but isn't compulsory.

In order to fill your form out completly you will also need to know your place of residence over the last 5 years.

Start looking! and I'll let you know when we can do the form signing, which will be at my house.

Richard
  • edited February 2012
    OK

Mark W. and I will be at my house from 7.30pm on Tuesday 21st February 2012 onwards to complete CRB forms and advise on the process.

The session will last betweem 7.30pm and 9.00pm.

Please read the above thread and bring your documents with you.

Geoff please could you e-mail any interested Youth Parents asking them to read this thread.

Martin, please could you put this on the comments list at the top and if possible change the title to reflect the date?.

Everyone, any questions please put them up here or e-mail me at richard@ccashwell. com

Cheers,

Richard
  • Have done so Richard..Many thanks to you and Mark for this effort
  • Sorry all,

I'm away for work so won't be around for tomorrow's session.

Darren
  • Are pancakes before or after this event?

Will pop in after circuits mit sugar and lemon just in case :)