Welcome to the forum

Redgrave Cyclocross - youth races

edited November 2011 in Road Racing
At the youth race at Redgrave on Saturday there was a clear win for Cameron, a determined performance from Ollie, and an impressive 11th place from Bryn (who unleashed a finishing sprint to rival Mark Cavendish).

In the U12 race James was happy to finish tenth, but slightly disappointed that Diss & District CC's otherwise excellent refeshments didn't include any chocolate cake. :)

Perhaps one of the youth riders will add a race report of their own here later.

Comments

• great pics, well done Cameron and the rest of the squad. Great stuff!
  • The course at Redgrave was a relatively short one with a road section and not technical. It was also very windy! The obstacles appeared higher than normal causing a few riders to fall.
    The grass was also bumpy and hard to ride at times.

I started off at a fast pace, riding away from the main field. I stayed in front all the way and managed to win my very first race! (Mainly due to a few riders that were racing elsewhere or could not make it !!) And also by photo evidence above of sucking in more air with the tongue manoeuvre.!
    Bryn also had a good ride coming in 11th... Oli gave it his best and came in at 27th .
    James in the u12 also had good ride... (And well Done Anna)
    A good showing all round for CCA with Phil also representing in the vets but DNF due to a saddle failure...
    Looking forward to the next one with other team mates Jon , Theo and Daniel.
  • well done guys (and muttley ;) )
    nice photos too mark
  • Hi all,

Just to add Stevie had a week off, doing her bit commissairing. I came 37th in the senior event (16th Elite Vet).

Mark.
  • The next day we headed to Derby for the fourth round of the National Series. Unfortunately Jon was ill on the way up there and was not able to race. Despite not feeling well he pitched in to help in the pits and with collecting clothing from the start line. The course was the same as for the National Champs last January but much drier and therefore faster this time. The youth race set off at a lightening pace with Cameron and Theo mid pack. They lost about 5 places colliding with each other (you always wants to finish as best CCA rider never mind the rest! Vincent and I had some great battles last year). A big effort saw them shred the group they were in and catch the one ahead. Theo went through and pulled away from the group to take 16th and Cameron suffering a bit from the previous day's efforts came in 22nd.

Very impressive efforts over the weekend, well done CCA riders/officials/pit crews/drivers.

Mark.
  • I finally got around to making a short video of the club's riders in the Youth and the U12 races.

Cameron, Bryn, Ollie & James are centre stage, but keep your eyes peeled and you'll also spot Mark W, Stevie, Stuart, Fiona and Anna in the supporting cast...
  • Excellent !.. Need to get on that Diet..
    Super syle from the youth!
  • But even better style from CCA super star rider @ u12