Welcome to the forum

NORMAL CLUB RUN

edited July 2012 in Club runs
A bright good morning to all from Durham.....I do hope the 9.00am rides haven't been got down with the "boogie" and will be operating as normal.
It is important that new and existing club members are reminded that there are other rides to choose and that these go every week regardless of themed foibles .
They are steady club run pace and the faster group.

Comments

• VicVic
    edited July 2012
    Not wishing to stir things up too much Geoff, but some, but by no means all, of the 09-00 "Club Runs" I've been out on recently, have been quite fast affairs with myself managing to keep up, but others, including riders out for their first ride with us have been dropped.

A Club Run should be inclusive, running at a pace to suit the slowest riders, and perhaps they should have appointed leaders to ensure this happens.

Whatever you think of the 09-30 ride, it won't drop riders and will run at a pace and distance very close to that posted in advance, which is why people go on them.

Vic
  • 1 agree with you 100% Vic "the sunday club ride" is just not there any more, thanks to the organisers of the 0930
  • I am delighted you enjoy your 9.30 ride guys......boogie with cap'n pugwash by all means.....you do know of course that we don't have ride leaders on club runs .......these rides are always on known routes which everyone can join on.....as to speed you also know that the rides Tim,Stef, Chris, I and David suggest are always at the pace of the slowest one there on the day......If you choose to go with the fast guys then you know what to expect......

I raised this item purely as a reminder to everyone that there should always be a club ride. Don't know why you should say what you did Vic. ...If there isn't a steady ride then that needs sorting...Can't do much about it from here......Riders, please take note.