Welcome to the forum

Team Time Trial Silverstone

edited January 2013 in General
This looks fun, if anyone fancies putting a CCA team together...

The BMCC Silverstone Charity Team Time Trial

For the hundreds who were there last year, we have a date for this year:

Friday 19th July 2013.

Warm up from 6.00 pm. Racing from 7.00 pm.

For those who missed last year:

It's midsummer. The last Friday of the Tour. Your chance to emulate the pro teams: 9-Up.

Silverstone GP circuit. 9 riders/team: 5 must finish. Road bikes only, no aero kit, a level playing field. 3 laps: 10.98 miles.

For those who weren't there last year, we'd love to see the smile on your face as you set off for your warm up lap from the pits below the Wing.

A unique evening. A unique experience.

All for charity, the love of cycling and, possibly, a cup presented on the
F1 podium.

Comments

• sounds good fun :-)
  • I did a road race once on Silverstone and seem to remember that it wasnt very flat and was surprised by how tight some of the corners were.

You certainly dont often get the chance to ride a 9 up ttt.
  • edited January 2013
    Ditto MC, love to give this one a crack.
  • A yes from me, sounds brilliant.
  • did the half marathon there ages ago...
    think we may be faster on the bends!
  • I would like to give it a go ...come on the blues
  • 100% interested in this sounds awesome
  • I'm not going to put my name forward as I'm rubbish at Time Trials.

I will volunteer to coach the team though. I have got some ideas and am currently running road sessions at Letchworth on Tuesday evenings so we could slot the team into those.

Mark.
  • Please add me to the list of very interesed, but it depends on the timing of tuesday sessions.
    Thanks very much Mark for offering this.
  • This looks fantastic and I'd love to give it a go but very happy to be on a reserves list as I've not tt'd yet.

Johnny
  • i'd love to do it, it would be a great experiance
  • Would love to do this. I'll train hard!
  • Looks like we're gonna need 2 teams
  • Brilliant CCA.....this is where all those Tuesday chain gang, track experience and Wednesday time trials come together.
    Mark will do you proud in training and welding you into a real team/s. No ripping off the front as you will need eachother to complete the circuit with the strongest 5 together at the end...go CCA
  • If there were an old boys second team I would be keen to have a go, no desire to act as a brake for the fast guys though.
    Alistair
  • not quite what I meant by r**ping....amazing what you learn on the web!!...good idea Alistair...I'll give it a miss I think
  • Hi all,

Right I think this should be the plan.

1. Someone please volunteer to be Team Manager. Someone needs to coordinate logistics. Doesn't have to be someone going to ride but they need to be there on the evening. Maybe a mechanic as well to help with last minute panics.
    2. Team Manager needs to collect the names of those interested in taking part. (definite or maybe) Maybe's will probably be reserves.
    3. Also useful info to Team Manager to help with coaching - Level of TT experience, Level of bunch riding experience, best time on our 10 mile course, best 10 mile time.
    4. Tuesday evening training sessions are aimed at those with limited road racing experience. This will help with riding with others skills - vital for this event. Currently at Works Road, Letchworth, 6:30 - 8pm on alternate Tuesdays. Due to be tomorrow but will cancel due to weather.
    5. Closed circuit training session on a Saturday, probably at Hog Hill.
    6. 3 up time trial practice on our club 10 mile TT when they start up.
    7. Tuesday chain gang.
    8. Team Manager and coach to select final team.
    9. I'm probably on holiday that day but will look forward to a share of the spoils!

How does that sound?
    Mark.
  • Sounds great so is everyone welcome at the Tuesday training sessions then?
  • it would probably make sense for me to help with this, i know everyones tt times, can do some mechanics, and hope to be regularly chainganging and ive done plenty of ttt's in the past. I can ride or not depending on the squad and should be around then. will stick it in my calendar.
  • One more for a 'B' team if we have sufficient interest
  • Tim - I'm not sure if you volunteered to be Team Manager or not there! Hedging your bets?

Nathaniel, Yes, everyone welcome on Tuesdays. Far eastern end of Works Road, Letchworth. Parallel to Baldock Road. 6:30pm until 8pm. It's all technique work, not particularly taxing. Riding with others, cornering, starting, handing up bottles, sprinting, through and off. Will now post on here when the next one is - next Tuesday, weather permitting.

Mark.
  • Hi all,

Tim has confirmed that he is prepared to be the Team Manager - let him know if you are interested in being part of the team.

I'm not at Letchworth this evening due to a meeting so it will be next Tuesday 5th Feb.

I'm working on a closed road venue locally where we can train properly.
    Mark.
  • Tim, i would like to be part of this please.

But i can't make the 5th, can do the 12th onwards.
  • Bit more info...
    The event is organised by Bicester Millenium Cycling Club,
    Not sure how this will come out as forum doesnt like tables, but the top ten teams from last year below:
    in total 35 teams entered, inlcuding 2 ladies only teams. the winners were Corleys at average 29 mph
    but an average of 26 mph would get you in the top half of the results.
    Entry last year was £150 per team, with all proceeds to charity.

Position Team Number Team Name/Club Lap 1 Lap 2 Lap 3 Total time Avg Spd (mph)
    1 31 Team Corleys / Blue 07:40 07:33 07:29 22:42 29.07
    2 15 High Wycombe CC A 07:31 07:39 07:44 22:54 28.82
    3 28 Dream Cycling 07:40 07:44 07:46 23:10 28.48
    4 27 PSUK Cycle Race Team 07:40 07:53 07:47 23:20 28.28
    5 34 Combined services 07:33 07:50 07:58 23:21 28.26
    6 22 CC Luton 07:45 08:00 07:52 23:37 27.94
    7 11 45 Road Club 07:59 07:54 07:51 23:44 27.80
    8 7 Army Cycling Union 07:53 08:04 07:53 23:50 27.69
    9 18 Lichfield City CC 07:58 07:54 08:10 24:02 27.46
    10 36 Twenty3c.co.uk 08:12 07:54 08:01 24:07 27.36
  • and some links here. video and photos from last year

video

photos
  • and finally.. entries are by invite only, but we are on the list if we do want to enter.
    note also:
    "Finally, if you'd like an opportunity to hone those all important Team Time Trial skills before Silverstone, why not join us at our car free TT track at RAF Weston on the Green for our 9-Up event on Tuesday 2nd July 2013 and our 4-Up event on Tuesday 16th July 2013. Details available from racing@bmcc2000.com."
  • When will we find out if we have been selected to enter?

Shame the video or photo's don't show any action on the actual course. Some shots going under the Bridge after Abbey would be great.
  • we are invited to enter -so i think that means we are in if we want it.
    think there is a limit of 40 teams but there were only 35 last year
    i have expressed an interest at this stage, which is all they want.
    they will send out more details in march.
  • Sounds good and not maaaasively unrealistic speed aims either