Welcome to the forum

Volunteers needed for Intro/Basic/Petit Club Runs Saturdays 09:30

edited September 2012 in Club runs
Hi, we currently run an Intro ride every month, - we are going to try running these twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays as demand has been good.
These are for any riders who want a shorter / steadier version of the club run - approx 15-25 miles at around 12-14 mph ish depending on demand.
These rides are ideally suited to newcomers to the club.
We need volunteers to turn up and navigate these rides. No rider leader qualifications or experience required, you just need to have a route in mind and adapt to the needs of whoever turns up.
Please volunteer on the attached Doodle, thanks
Introduction ride

Comments

• Okay then Stef, just to get the ball rolling (or perhaps I should say the wheels) I've put my name down for a couple of these. It would be good if we managed to get enough volunteers to have a couple of leaders per ride, so that each of these rides could be topped & tailed.
  • I've put one date up, I'll add more when I've harmonised diaries with Mrs S

Good idea to top & tail, John.
  • edited September 2012
    I've got my name down for one of these as well, the first one, so am happy to take that.
  • Hi, I'm more than happy to help. I've put my name down for a couple when there are others riding, as I'd like to get some experience, and I'm not too convinced of my technical abilities to assist anyone, should it be required!
    Susan
  • I've had to pull out of the 17th nov ride as now have something on, so it looks like i've dropped you in it Susan as you are now the only name signed up - sorry!
    Dont worry though sure we can get some more volunteers - Sat's 3rd and 17th Nov volunteers please!
  • edited September 2012
    Can we get a navigator for Sat 3rd Nov, and Sat 5th Jan? - so I can unsticky this discussion and tidy t'forum up a bit - ta

Tick the Doodle here.
  • I am happy to take the beginners ride on Nov. 3rd and have put my name on the list
  • I'll do 5th Jan. Have filled in doodle

Andrew R
  • I know it's not the first or third Saturday, but does anyone feels like doing "petit" style ride tomorrow? I thought about 25 - 30 miles up to Gamlingay and the Gransdens.

Susan
  • Stef, I can do the 6th Oct after all, and have signed up on Doodle.
  • Thanks Susan, George and Andrew for volunteering, much appreciated.
  • Hi, just bringing this to the top again. Thanks to all who have helped with the rides so far.
    We get very good feedback from these rides, both from participants and those who volunteer to navigate/co-ordinate.

Please consider signing up, I have extended the doodle and dates in Feb and march are available,
    but also think about joining someone who has volunteered for rides in nov, dec and jan - it is often
    helpful to have two volunteers anyway, and its a good way to try it out.
    In particular we would appreciate a second volunteer for sat 17th nov - thanks.
    nathanial / tom - someone said in the pub last night you were both interested in helping out - go on, you know you want to!

intro/petite club runs
  • i'm down on the doodle to take this ride on coming saturday 1st dec,
    but i am no longer able to - is someone else able to step in and help?
    many thanks
  • I'll be there.
    Susan
  • Thanks Susan, much appreciated
  • Oh well done Susan....I hope your ride is once again well supported...

It sounds like you managed to find the shortcut back to Ashwell via Melbourne and Meldreth okay on Saturday...
  • Hi, could someone volunteer to take the intro/petite club ride on Sat 2nd Feb, many thanks.
  • Stef, I will do this if there are no other offers.
    Alistair
  • Hi Stef, I'm happy to do 2nd feb ride.
    Tom
  • Alistair / Tom - thanks for the offers - I'll let you fight out between you for who does the 2nd feb!
    Theres a doodle thing here, intro doodle and we need someone for march 16th as well. so the loser could always take that one!
  • tomh - jolly good. As Stef suggests, could you do the Doodle thing....?
  • I couldn't get the doodle thing to work so I have entered my name a second time and am down to do the March 16th unless someone else wants to take it.
  • Hi Alistair. Are you still up to take this ride?
    I've got a throat infection so not likely to be out on Saturday.
    Cheers.
    Tom
  • Alistair Tom,

I'll do the intro ride on Saturday if your ok with that.
    Any new riders with questions post here or e mail me on the "kit" email link

See you Saturday
  • Was planning to do this, I popped along a few weeks ago, and my current fitness suggests I'll struggle with the regular run.

Any plans on a route?
  • Hi Keith,
    will sort a route poss Friday depending on the weather but wiil be about 20 miles ish at the 12-14 mph all depending on who is there
    Mark
  • about 20 looks good to me as does speed - need to back in ashwell for 11:15 to 11:30
  • Matt, I will need to get home earlier Saturday so I've also put my name up on the doodle for this ride 6th March. I'll be able to 'tail end Charlie' for you. My brother in law Mick will be on and this distance will be ideal for him.
  • OK John, thanks. I will put a thread up in the next day or two for the ride. See you Saturday
  • Hi all, I've created a new doodle as we need volunteers for these rides for the coming months.
    Anyone can take these rides and they will make a pleasant change from your usual club run
    introducing people to the club and showing them how we ride and suggesting routes is very rewarding

so please volunteer here! doodle poll

a reminder of what its all about -
    we run an Intro ride twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Saturday.
    These are for any riders who want a shorter / steadier version of the club run - approx 15-25 miles at around 12-14 mph ish depending on demand.
    These rides are ideally suited to newcomers to the club.
    We need volunteers to turn up and navigate these rides. No rider leader qualifications or experience required, you just need to have a route in mind and adapt to the needs of whoever turns up.