Welcome to the forum

Team Time Trial Silverstone

Comments

• Ok all team TTers,

Training session this Tuesday is on - unless really wet. Expert advice and help from Jon C.

Mark.
  • Hi all,

Sorry short notice but this evening is off due to the weather. Will try again next week.

Sorry if you don't get this message in time.

Mark.
  • Trying again this Tuesday.
  • Really wanted to come but this will be the only one I won't be able to make - teching a show..
  • Just 3 braved the elements last Tuesday and it wasn't too bad. Well done to James for joining in with the young riders and thanks to Jon C. for helping out.

Will try again next Tuesday 25th Feb.

Mark.
  • Still on for Tuesday with expert advice on hand from rider on form Theo.
  • Mark W, Tim, etc.,

I heard that the Lotus league is running a new 4-up team time trial on Wednesday 5th June as part of their 2013 programme at the Hethel test track. Could be good preparation for the Silverstone TTT.

See http://www.lotuscycleracing.org/2013calendar/

Mark F
  • I'm at Letchworth this Tuesday as I can't do the following two Tuesdays. We had 5 riders last week including Nathaniel although mechanicals took their toll.

Mark.
  • Right then, I have had an email from the organisers and we have until 31st March to register a team or teams. We will then have to pay £225 per team.

So are you still up for it? Are you available on 19th July? Are you prepared to pay £25 for the privilege? and can you do some TT's and team TT training?

If the answer to those questions is yes and is likely to stay yes then please put your name forward ASAP and we will go from there.
  • yes please 1000127%
  • Works Road again this Tuesday if weather conditions allow. Give me a call/text to check if the weather looks iffy.

Mark.
  • I am up for this..can't make all the training sessions though...perhaps I could slot in nearer the date?
  • Hi Tim

If not too late, I would like to be in the team.

Cheers, Pontus
  • Anymore?
  • Yeah me to
  • and me
  • We are nearly there, could do with one or two more but i will register our interest to put one team in. Remember it will cost £225 regardless of how many are in the team.
  • I would love to have a go at this, but i am unsure of my exact deployment date back to the desert. I should find out on Tuesday if i go on 15th or 30th July. If it's the latter and i'm not too late, count me in??
  • OK,

So the team atm is;

Tom T
    Jon C
    Luke Danckert
    Carmelo
    MC
    Robbie
    Pontus
    Nathaniel
    Tim D

I will sort out payment and will then ask for £25 from the above.

I would also suggest that, if possible we all ride the Inter Club 10 on the 21st. Same course, same day it will give us an idea of the relative speeds and how we might make a team out of that.
  • Just got my deployment date and it's late in July so at present it looks good for me. Unfortunately, i won't be able to ride on 21 April as i'm away with work for 2 weeks.
  • Back in the old days (2006), the GP circuit was sooooo boring on a super bike.

Designed for F1 / cars and being an old runway you're in jeopardy of dozing off on the long straights.
    Last time I did a track day there it was a whopping £230 for the day!

Flat and boring 'til you enter the stadium complex - you just have to hope the wind ain't blowing & life at the front of any paleton will be purgatory - just my take on it on two wheels (albeit but with a motor), it was always a layout not to ride at Silverstone as there are 4 that I know of, the National being the best of the bunch.
  • got this from the organisers so looks like the cca team is in - great stuff. very jealous, would love to have a go at this but not around that week, and would slow you down anyway.

Good Afternoon,

Just a quick email to thank you for your reply to our invite for the Silverstone event and to confirm that you are all on the first cut version of the start list, comprising nearly 40 teams.

This is also to confirm that all multi-team entries have been accepted, i.e. if you asked for 3 team places, you will get them.

The other main news is that TREK are joining Silverstone as a main sponsor of the event. As part of this, they are providing a set of prizes which we are planning to raffle on the night - each entered rider and will automaticaly get a raffle ticket, as well as all helpers.

This also means that TREK are inviting their UK retailer network to enter teams so we are expecting a slight bun fight for the last 20 places. Maybe we will have to auction them off!

More details, including sign up sheets, as we get closer to the date.

Any queries or concerns, please ask.

Philip Hendrick
    BMCC Silverstone Team
  • Yes, i sent off payment today so at some point ill be asking those riding for some cash.

Incidentally, Pontus is no longer able to ride so there is a spare place going.
  • Hi Silverstone Team,

If you are interested then I can run a training session on Saturday 25th May. I will have to work out a suitable venue/circuit and let you know.

If at least 5 of you are interested then it will be worth going ahead,
    Mark.
  • edited May 2013
    Hi mark

count me in I'm interested
  • I'm going to have to pull out. I go to the desert a few weeks earlier now. I will still pay my way if required.

Apologies.
  • Thought I was in.. let me know as would like to ride.
    Cam
  • edited May 2013
    Ok,
    so the team is

Tom T
    Jon C
    Carmelo
    MC
    Robbie
    Nathaniel
    Tim D
    Cam