Welcome to the forum

Hitchin Nomads 25

edited June 2008 in Road Racing
2 Ashwell rider plus 1 second claim rode this event won by Michael Hutchinson in an amazing 47.53 in pouring rain. Will Colebrooke did a creditable 1.07.17 I did 1.00.25 and second claimer Malcolm Steer did a 3 year best of 58.09.

There was only a light breeze to contend with from the north, but when the rain came pouring down the temperature took a dive and it was rather chilly on the arms and legs. I think all of us would have gone a little quicker if it had stayed dry. It didn't seem to effect your man Hutchinson though.

Comments

• The Arlesey Flyer was out on the Hitchin Nomads sporting 25 miler Tuesday the 1st of July and struggled round in 1 hour 7mins 40 seconds, once up the hill alongside the Shuttleworth airfield is enough on their 10 mile time trial, but the 25 miler send's you up it three times.

I bumped into Andy for those of you who can't put a face to the name he is the fit young rider from Stotfold who keeps up with the nasty boys in the winter on a fixed wheel bike built in the 60's, infact i reckon he purchased it off the TV programe Bygones. Well i didn't rcognise him on a flashy time trial bike and not only did he look the part he delivered riding a sub 60 mins on that course, for those of you who have rode the course you know how good that is. I would have been a bit closer had he rode the fixed wheel, but then again perhaps not.