Welcome to the forum

Introduction ride - volunteers required

We need volunteers for these rides for the coming months.

Anyone can take these rides and they will make a pleasant change from your usual club run introducing people to the club and showing them how we ride and suggesting routes is very rewarding

So please volunteer here! doodle poll

a reminder of what its all about - we run an Intro ride twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Saturday. These are for any riders who want a shorter / steadier version of the club run - approx 15-25 miles at around 12-14 mph ish depending on demand. These rides are ideally suited to newcomers to the club. We need volunteers to turn up and navigate these rides. No rider leader qualifications or experience required, you just need to have a route in mind and adapt to the needs of whoever turns up.

[Cheers Stef!]

Comments

• I've signed up for the 6th April, and will be happy to go out next week too.
    Susan
  • I'll go to doodle and sign up for a few Steff! Happy to help. What is the status on insurance/liability etc?
  • Thanks. All you will be doing is suggesting a route, and letting anyone interested ride with you. So no insurance/liability issues.
    We recommend all riders to have insurance as individuals, and think the British Cycling insurance is best in our opinion.
  • edited April 2013
    C'mon CCA - volunteer for the last slots here and I can unsticky this discussion and tidy up. ta!

Click here to volunteer
  • Is the Introduction ride on for this weekend ?
  • Stef

I've volunteered for a couple - just 18th May left to fill now.
  • Thanks Andrew.
    I think Susan will be out this Saturday - fingers crossed, forecast looks more spring like at last
  • Yes I will be there! Pleased to see that the wind may drop, and the sun may be out (note use of word "may"). So if anyone wants a nice short ride tomorrow, see you tomorrow at 9.30am!
  • Just looking for someone to do Sat 18th May now...
  • I've put my name on Doodle for 18th May.
  • Sorry all but I have to duck out of leading the intro ride on 15th June as it's been decided that's when my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebrations will be held - could someone please take my place

Thanks

Andrew
  • Nb as per Andrew's message volunteer required for 15th June please, thanks
    doodle
  • I'll do the 15thJune, since I had to cancel my last attempt on account of snow. Let's hope the weather is better this time.
  • I just need to clarify if there is a vacancy for rthe 15th June as I see that the doodle for this date is already completed.
  • there certainly was a vacancy for the 15th
    but I think Andrew Macskeen filled in the Doodle around the same time you posted that you would do it George.
    Andrew - to be clear could you confirm are you taking the ride, or George?
    Thanks to you both for volunteering
  • I am happy to defer to Andrew as he put his name down first. I'll assume that he is taking it unless I hear otherwise.
  • Sorry George! Could you perhaps do THIS Saturday 1 June, as I suddenly have something I kinda need to do in the morning. If you can't don't worry, if you wanna do the 15th that's OK with me too! Ijust put on because it looked like no one else was gonna do it.

Best,

A
  • I will take a starter ride this Saturday if no-one elae can.......Three Tuns at 9.30am 20-24 miles at 12-14 mph depending on who is there
  • Thanks Geoff, I can take next week, no probs, I@m already down on the doodle for it.

A
  • Hi, bit of confusion above, can someone just confirm they are taking the Sat 15th June ride, Andrew or George?
    Thanks
  • Hi, just wondering if the beginners ride is happening tomorrow (15th June) if so is it 9am at the Tuns, Rosanna and I are thinking of coming. Thanks
  • Claire, these rides are always at 9.30 on the saturday. Have a good one. Andrew was doing this aas I did the last instead of him. Still think that is the case.
  • Hello all,

I am thinking about coming down to give this a go tomorrow 15th. I am not a member of the club but is it ok to come down and see what it is all about?

How many people do you normally get on these rides?

Also what is the next club ride distance/speed after the intro ride?

Aaron
  • The more the merrier, Aaron

I have led a couple of the Intro rides and numbers can generally vary anywhere between 5 and 10

The next step up is the normal Saturday Club ride. Somewhere around 16mph (depending who's on) at around 40 miles. Club rides - nobody is left behind.
    Just be there ready to roll at 9:30.
  • Ok - I will turn up tomorrow morning ready to go.
    See you guys tomorrow
  • Aaron - enjoy the ride,
    we generally allow up to 5 rides with the club before asking that you become a member

if you do decide to join up its very reasonable, £15 for adults or £5 for under 18's
    full details membership
  • just copying this here for all...from andrew skeen

Hello all,

I've drawn the straw for tomorrow's intro ride. Depending on numbers and enthusiasm we will do a fairly local route of 15-25 miles at a steady rate that everyone is happy with.

See you at the Three Tuns at 09:30.

Mack
  • Mattss - don't forget the intermediate ride, it may not be listed on the website, but it is alive and well!
  • Thanks Susan, i'm clearly out of touch with the Saturday rides. That will teach me for not making one for a good few months now. I will be there this morning though. Hooray!
  • so , how was this weeks intro ride folks??.hope sgt. pain was easy on you all