Welcome to the forum

NEW 100 mile CLUB RECORD !!

edited June 2013 in Time Trial
Today I rode the VERY windy E2/100 and clocked a time of 4hr 14mins and 37seconds.... I believe that's a new record, it was a very tough event....

Comments

• given the conditions Nige...that's stunning. Well done.
  • you get times and numbers bandied around all the time in cycling, and sometimes you have to stop and think what it all means.
    when i do that with your numbers above, and think about the conditions, it scares me! fantastic effort - amazing, well done.
  • Top ride! Any conditions.
  • nice one! Although I can't see a Wednesday night 100 catching on
  • Awesome Nigel ! what a ride !
  • Thanks Guys....
  • Well done mate, hell of a ride!
  • Well done Nigel - I'm very pleased for you!
  • Awesome Nigel, although you did say to me never again. You didn't enjoy it then!?
  • Didn't enjoy it one bit, still not fully recovered from the flu, a few other personal issues going on, it was a real struggle to keep going, I nearly give up so many times........riding in to the wind was horrendous.....O and I did collapse at the end !!! NEVER again.....
  • There were 25 DNS, scared off by the wind.
    There were 10 DNF, i know of one who gave up on the way back from the first turn against the wind, i imagine others did the same.

Thumbs up for sticking it out :)
  • Amazing, Nigel, huge amounts of respect for that! Sub 4 hour coming up soon, then?
  • An amazing time for 100 miles and to do it in yesterdays wind is even more remarkable !

Congrats
  • That's very impressive, well done.
  • Racing with flu? Was it Monday that one tennis player at SW19 gifted his oppo' the game part way through his match, citing flu?
    No wonder you're not recovered - did your Dr Mama never tell you, "Starve a cold, feed a fever"?
    Daft as a carrot, but impressive non the less!
  • Many thanks for all your kind words.....
  • "Never again"...
    4hr 14mins and 37seconds.
    What, I wonder, would that read without the wind and the flu?!
  • Tim is right Nigel...bonkers with the flu, but that is what we do innit. Good luck and bon voyage Tim. Been good to have you on forum and along for the rides...we'll be seeing you again, and I am certain you won't be able to keep off this forum hahaha
  • You never know, I may find a lovely Bactrian with whom to live out my days in the Gobi; after all, why settle for one hump when you can have two - although in the short term I fear my waist line and liver are now in imminent jeopardy!
  • edited July 2013
    Nigel i have just spotted your entry for next month, you're MAD!

And your entry for next weekend. The clean sweep for the records is on, good luck.
  • Lol, thanks Chris....