Welcome to the forum

Grafham Water - Sat 20th July?

edited July 2013 in Club runs
Hope its not a breach of club etiquette, but as my novice's training plan to complete the RideLondon calls for a long ride this weekend, I was wondering if I may request that we repeat last years run up to the cafe at Grafham water (63 miles), rather than going round in circles on my own!! This is the route we took last time,

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/grafham-water-route-118196655

A quick straw poll of the intermediate group drew a fair bit of interest for a gentler paced ride, but if the speedy guys fancied it, perhaps someone among them with navigational skills would be a bonus, as I'd never keep up!
A 9:00am start would be fine too, in case people have plans. Anyway, just putting it out there to gauge opinion, and after JohnM's excellent trip to The Blue Egg, perhaps we'll get a chance for a longer ride with added cake? It may even stay sunny!

Pete

Comments

• The caf
  • Sorry Peter, but after giving you the encouragement to post this ride, I later realised that I am leading a ride for the Tandem Club this Saturday afternoon - so 'no can do this one' I'm afraid.

I'm sure you will get some takers, as it's a good ride with a cake stop in the middle - and sunshine, hopefully!

Take care,

John
  • Hi Peter,

What sort of speed would you be doing? I am also in the Ride London on the 4th and looking for one last long ride?

If you are at a speed I can match I will be there at 9am

Aaron
  • Hi Aaron,
    I'm really just interested in getting some miles and saddle time in. Usually average 14.5-15.5 out on my own, so no danger of me being too quick for anyone!
    We'll say 9:00 start then.
    Cheers, Pete
  • Hi Peter,

Sounds like my sort of speed.
    I will see you outside the pub 9:00 tomorrow

Aaron
  • We'll see you at 9am! Looking forward to it. Yvonne
  • Thinking I will be there too, the pace sounds good

Adam
  • Thanks Peter for organising - a good ride with good company :-)
  • Thanks everyone for another great ride. 9 of us out in all with a tougher pace out into the wind, but after a cake and a cuppa, an easier run home. Pretty close to 60 miles round trip to Ashwell, 15.4 mph average. We didn't even get lost!
    Thanks again, Pete.
  • Peter, see....I told you it would be a good idea and that you 'would get' riders...! Sounds like you in fact had 8 happy customers...!