Welcome to the forum

Core Training Class starts 12th Sep, 8.30pm, URC hall Ashwell

edited September 2013 in General
Everyone welcome but let me know if you're coming in advance so I can bring enough equipment. Please bring a mat and wear trainers and comfortable shorts/bottoms etc.

Thanks!

Gwen

Comments

• Hi Gwen
    Sounds good I'd like to join you but can't make the first session. Will see you after that.

Emma
  • Hi Gwen

I'll be there, looking forward to it.

John
  • Hi Gwen

See you there

Mark
  • Gwen,

I plan on being there, sounds great

Bryn
  • Hi Gwen

just purchased my mat and will bring my comfortable bottom, see you there
    pete
  • I think I can make it
  • Hi Gwen,

I can make it from the 19th as will still be coaching at the grass track this week

See you then

Jamie
  • possibly I will be there
  • Looking forward to it, where is the URC hall?
  • edited September 2013
    Aching legs from Henley Tri...
    be there next wk if not recovered - hoping to be ok tho for 12th
  • can anyone come? how much is it for non members? I probably wont be able to come until end of season and would ride out and back from Sandy.
  • HI Andre - yes anyone can come along. The initial session will be £5 as it will involve a fair bit of instruction around technique and posture so will take longer than a normal session but after that the cost should come down as I get to know numbers and whether I can offer a block of classes for the term. I'll have ordered more resistance tubes in by next week so after they arrive it shouldn't be a problem to just turn up whenever you're ready!
  • Hi Gwen,

I will be coming along tomorrow evening

Thanks from Julian
  • thanks gwen I will try and attend as soon as I can, I'm a typical cyclist with recurring back ache and no flexibility! I tell my coach that I do core exercises but never do them, I'd rather ride my bike :-)
  • Hey, Gwen, well done for doing the long route on Saturday. I thought it was a lovely ride, sorry not to have seen you. Susan
  • Did you do the Gorilla ride Susan? I didn't realise. I agree - stunningly beautiful and I was glad I could still appreciate it despite the relentless hills, the rain, the unforgiving mileage, the VERY slippery horse poo everywhere and my lack of food intake! Biggest challenge yet under my belt so all good. See you Thursday hopefully!
  • Gwen. Off to a Wiz Kalifa gig tmw. See ya nxt wk.
  • Hi Gwen
    Won't be able to make tomorrow or maybe the next few weeks. Went to the Lister hospital yesterday for another x ray and turns out I've been riding with a broken wrist for the past 4 weeks. I first went to A&E a month ago and they didn't spot from an initial x ray that I've broken my main forearm bone clean through, have a further partial fracture and chipped another bone....I thought my arm hurt a bit when I cycled or did your class! Now in plaster and off exercise for weeks. Sigh!

John
  • Hi Gwen,

i'm now back from holiday and so will come along tonight and see what its all about.

Emma
  • John - sorry I didn't respond to your message before - that sounds pretty grim. Sorry to hear it. And sounds like the hospital have been particularly incompetent!! Hopefully you are on your way to recovery?

And just a note to all coming to the class tonight that Nathaniel will be taking a few photos for me for his Photography portfolio and for my new website. Hope that's OK. See you there.
  • Thanks Gwen for your kind words. Been in plaster for 2 weeks and have another 2 weeks until my next hospital appointment. Keeping posiitve and active by walking 2.5miles across London twice a day. Been told to stay off my bike...could use an indoor bike, I suppose, but can you imagine what that would do underneath my plaster cast?!! I would like to come along again to your classes, but not allowed to drive with a plaster cast either! Hopefully I'll be back when you return from Oz.

John
  • Gwen, I can't remember how soon it was that you were off down under, is the session on tonight?