Welcome to the forum

IC HILL CLIMB

edited September 2013 in Time Trial
the inter club hill climb is this sunday.

start time is 10.30 and the climb is as usual sharpenhoe clappers.

hopefully plenty of CCA can put in an appearance, could even be part of the usual club run.
Can you put your names here or email me by the middle of the week if you want to ride so that i can let the organise know.

Ta.

Comments

• I'll give it a go and have booked but we need the lightweights for a good showing.
  • might do this but I'd have to cycle to welwyn for the cross race straight after, Is there anyway to book the first spot?
  • You will be ok Theo, the cross race at welwyn is on Saturday
  • This has saved me rather a lot of hassle
  • I need to let Hitchin Nomads know whose coming by tomorrow night so let me know here or enter via the BRCC widget ASAP.

I hope we can raise more than 3?
  • I'll be there...
  • How much of a hassle will it be if I say I'll be there, but then don't show? I am obviously still on baby stand-by.
  • No hassle at all. You can do that.
    I'll give it a go also.

Last year's winner climbed it in 2 mins 33, and most people came in under 4 mins.
  • My lovely wife has now okayed me to ride this, so can I ask you to add me to the list of riders Tim? Many thanks.

Will be my first hill climb, quite nervous :D
  • I'd love to, but was struck down by chest infection whilst on hols, so am on doctors orders to be gentle with my lungs

Good luck all
  • edited October 2013
    I'll do it I can barely even get to the top of that hill

edit. is it too late tim
  • I'll be at the 3 tuns 9am Sunday morning (weather permitting), happy to do the hill climb if it's not too late.

James
  • great, ill pass on your names to HNCC. James/Jambo can i have a surname? ta.
  • Hi tim,
    Don't worry if this is too late
    but if possible I would love to give this a go!
    Dan
  • Is there anywhere to check the starting times, or need we all turn up by a certain time to sign on?
  • Right...the HQ is the chequers in Streatley. It will be open from 9.30 for signing on and getting numbers. Tea and coffee afterwards in pub.

I havent got the start sheet yet i will post as soon as i get it but i understand it has been done.

Dan, you will be able to ride, you can, im sure just sign on the line on the day and ride but you wont qualify for club points. would be a good thing for you to do though.
  • John Polak going twice at positions 6 and 28?
    Very keen!
  • I'm out on Sunday and will prob enter on the line as well if that's cool?
    Better take it easy on Saturday morning!!
  • Haha. At least they've given me 20 minutes breather :D
  • Ssshhhhhh....Maybe they won't notice...and extra points for the club to be gained......go CCA!
  • Maybe I could ride the second spot??
  • edited October 2013
    can we ride over there? from ashwell
  • Happy to do that Neil, I'll tell the organisers at sign-on to reserve for you.
  • I have spoken to the organiser and put Dan In the second spot at number 28 as. He was first on the list. Sorry Neil. You can still ride just won't count for points.
  • Sorry for lack of decision making. Was going to ride but been ill during the week and with a 30 mile TT on Saturday was waiting to see how I was doing closer to the time but have left it too late. For some reason I thought you could enter via the Beds Road online booking like for the TT's.

If I can still walk after Sat I'll turn up but obviously the points won't count.
  • the organiser has very kindly added Justin and Neil on to the start sheet too, so everyone should be able to qualify for points. Neil, can you whisper me your surname? Ta
  • Cheers Tim and sorry for the late notice.
    Surnames Murphy. See ya Sunday
  • updated start sheet.. start sheet