Welcome to the forum

IC HILL CLIMB

Comments

• Nathaniel, I'll be riding over from Ashwell, plan to be at Ashwell by 9am
  • Great turnout by CCA,
    and an Ashwell 1,2 I came first but Tom Trimble was only a second or so behind.
    Lots of riders getting under 3 minutes so I reckon quite a few in the top ten.
  • edited October 2013
    Well done Theo, you'd do even better if you didn't insist on using your winter bike for these sorts of competitions.

Note to self: find out where the finish line is before you start the climb. I think I could have taken a couple of seconds off and we could have had a CCA 1,2,3,4,5...
  • winter bike?!?!?
    It may not be my light bike but that's no winter bike.
    I'm feeling a lot of prejudice against steel here ;)
  • christ, he's done you one theo ;)
  • good effort, nice to see lots of riders out, I managed my first 100 miler of the winter http://app.strava.com/activities/87307951
  • CCA WIN THE IC HILL CLIMB!!!

wow, well done folks, Theo wins outright and we have 5 riders inside the top 10. brilliant stuff. sorry i didnt make it out, not that i would have been any use.

here is the Full Result
  • That. Was. Fun.

Well, in hindsight at least. At the time it felt the most painful thing I'd ever done.

We won, yay!
  • Inter Club points from today....

CCA - 72
    BRCC - 116
    HNCC - 151
    IRC - 271

Overall this season,

CCA 479
    BRCC 335
    HNCC 738
    IRC 1202
  • Great going guys and well done Theo.

Any pics from anyone who attended? (would be used to send to papers)

Thanks
  • Well done all, especially Theo and Tom. Thought I heard someone say it was a course record?

So we won 2 of the 4 tt's this year with our event cancelled. 2nd and 3rd in the other two.
    2nd overall.... got to go for one better next year surely?
  • edited October 2013
    p.s. matt - saw one guy from hitchin taking photos so there maybe some on their website
    didnt see anyone from cca with a camera.
    sorry we should have thought of that and got a few pictures.
  • Thanks Stef, I'll keep an eye out on the Nomads site.
  • Well done Theo and everyone else - that's a great result. Having had a look at the results I noticed a distinct absence of female riders. If I'd known this I would definitely have bundled my bike in the car as well as the children. Ah well!
  • Hi Andy (Nomad) here. Thinking about course records. The interclub HC changed to a longer version of the course from 2012 (to include the flat section at the top whereas it used to finish on the crest of the hill say 15-20m past the car park). So looking back there are much quicker times - from memory the best time was by Mark Cook in 2m 14secs. This years winning time was quicker that last years, so on this new course it was a record time.
  • Wow, Theo... Think how much higher you could have set the bar if you'd used a racing bike. Congrats!
  • Congratulations everyone that was an awesome result. Especially theo, imagine how fast he would have gone if his bike didn't have bar tape and paint and he drilled holes in his feet and other unccessary things like earlobes
  • PS I came third and my bike is old and aluminum. Maybe rider weight is a factor? :-)
  • You are all being far too modest. Sure your bike matters, but it's the rider that really counts. Great results from CCA!

Any of you gnarly climbers fancy riding the Fred Whitton next year? It includes some of the toughest climbs in the Lake District, like Kirkstone, Honister, Newlands, Whinlatter, Hardknott and Wrynose passes. For more info see The Fred Whitton
  • Some nice pics of you lot digging deep on Nomads Facebook page here
  • They're great photos. And I have just realised that the chap sucking on a gel is James! I had a laugh about that on Saturday ("bit late now mate...!!" kind of thing) - didn't realise he was one of our bunch at the time. He should have come to my Nutrition talk with Theo and Cam on Friday!
  • damn I didn't know there was a nutrition talk!
  • It was for the Youth Squad. I could always do another one for everybody else - would be happy to.
  • Helps you to win Hill Climbs etc... :-)
  • I would be up for some pointers if your doing it again
  • OK great - will try and organise something. Keep an eye out!
  • edited October 2013
    This weeks Crow:

Crow 101013
  • Thats great, thanks Matt!
  • Pleasure. Just got home to see it made back page on the Royston Weekly News also. Will get a shot up later.
  • Excellent performance, nice win Theo. I think i would have enjoyed this one! Next year maybe, i'll stick to my spinning bike for now!!