Welcome to the forum

Le Tour Cambridge Stage announcement

edited October 2013 in General
Please see the attached if anyone is interested in going along, in CCA kit, to represent the club or just get in the photos. If you are thinking of going along can you post here or email me stef@ccashwell.com - we'll make sure you are fully up to date with the planned Ashwell Festival of Cycling in case you get a chance in front of the TV cameras / mikes!

I cant wait to finally hear the route of the Cambridge stage.

"I would like to invite you to a photocall taking place next Wednesday 23 October to celebrate the announcement by Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) of the Stage Three route.

The route is currently confidential but the ASO are keen for Cambridge to celebrate the announcement by holding a photocall with a historic institution in the background with generations of cyclists. We are therefore looking to organise a media event in the grassy area by King's College (the college are arranging to put down matting) on Kings Parade in Cambridge at noon next Wednesday and wondered whether members of your clubs would like to join in this event, in addition to 20/30 pupils who will be coming along from a local school.

So far Look East, Anglia TV, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and Heart radio have confirmed they will be attending and will be looking for photos and interviews.

We would be very grateful for any assistance you would be able to give us to help promote what will be a fantastic event.

Best regards,
Tony"

Communications and Media Manager
Communications Team
East Cambridgeshire District Council / Cambridgeshire County Council

Comments

• lets organise a ride up there??!
  • Nathaniel a great idea. Wish I could join - all of the cycling clubs in the region have been asked to attend if possible.

If anyone is looking to do this, can I ask that you have a quick look at the Ashwell Festival of Cycling presentation posted ealier so that you have some of the key facts to mind - if asked.

Regards,
    Adam
  • Nat that's a great idea - I'm around Weds - it would be my last ride before flying out to Oz on Thursday!
  • You could do an extended Wednesday club run, maybe ride out to somewhere like burwash manor barns
    for a coffee then into Cambridge for the above, then home?
    Not sure I can make it unfortunately.
  • edited October 2013
    I can not do the Wednesday Club Ride but can do the rendezous at Burwash Manor...
    Sounds like we will need to leave there then at say 11.30am...?
  • Dont think i will be able to make it on Wednesday either but hope some get to the announcement. Im intrigued to see what it will be.
  • guys sorry can't give up wednesday morning, need to keep working on getting my website finished
    enjoy being on TV!
  • Route is announced, leaves Cambridge on Trumpington Rd heading this way but then goes through Shelford and tracks M11 down towards Essex.
    Cambridge route

Anyone manage to make it down to the launch?
  • All - I have just received this message to pass on:

Hello

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your help today in making today's photocall so colourful and vibrant. Could you please pass this email on to your members who came along as their support was really appreciated.

Worth keeping an eye out for the local news this evening...!

Adam
  • Looks like a ride out to the Blue Egg that day, then....route passes just east of Great Bardfield...will Cav stop for soup again?!!

J
  • Good to see some Ashwell blue on the Anglia news coverage - well done Archie and whoever else was there and got yourself on camera.
  • well done John and Archie....fame at last!