Welcome to the forum

"Intermediate" ride Saturday 2nd November

edited October 2013 in Club runs
Does anyone want to do an intermediate style ride (half way in speed and distance between intro and club run) out in the general direction of Shuttleworth / Old Warden / Northill, probably returning via Everton Hill? Given the time of year we may be allowed a tea and cake stop either at the aircraft museum or Jordans mill. Please reply if interested and any suggestions for route details and cake preferences would be welcome!
Cheers,
Susan

Comments

• Hi Susan,Yes I would like to join you on Saturday.Have not been on a long ride for a while it will be good to get those legs working also try out my winter bike [Pete's old one] Tea and cake sounds great.See you soon Linda
  • Good call Susan, I'll be on and stop for cake...
  • I'm up for that too.
  • Sounds good to me. Like the idea of tea and cake - there is also the vintage tea room in that area. See you all Saturday
  • Great call, I like the route, except for the hill, but het ho how hard can it be.
  • Have changed planned route due to the Blunham Bridges. Means going back up the hill from Langford to the water tower but you'll be fuelled with cake from Jordan's by then! Thanks for the replies, looking forward to seeing you all in the morning.
    Susan
  • "It's all about the cake"
    Thanks everyone for a splendid ride this morning. 12 of us set out for a figure of eight route with Hatch to the North and Clifton to the south. The cake stop at Jordan's Mill was very welcome, the cakes were awesome and my hot choc was delicious. I think we did about 40 miles at about 14.7mph, but if anyone has more accurate stats, please post them.
    Thanks again, and see you soon for "It's all about the cake" part 2
  • Hi, I have to say that the cake / coffee stop was great. I made it 36 miles at an average of 15mph, which i think is pretty good alround considering that helpful headwind on the homestretch. Thank you for organising todays ride.