Welcome to the forum

Saturday Club Run To The Blue Egg

edited November 2013 in Club runs
Date to be confirmed depending on the weather! This coming Saturday looks promising at the moment.
Propose leaving the Three Tuns at 9am. Normal club run pace. Think it would be about 70miles. We could have a pick up point near Royston.
Please indicate if you're interested. Its the perfect excuse to get away from Christmas shopping!!
Tom

Comments

• Definitely interested Tom. Count me in. I'm desperate for looong miles as well as coffee and cake thrown into the mix.
  • Getting away from xmas shopping??? I'm in, looks a bit gusty on my forecast.

See you on Saturday morning.

Kieren
  • edited November 2013
    Good call Tom...will that be your normal club run pace though...if it is, I'm happy to navigate another group at a steady pace.
  • potentially sounds good! if im free i'll be there 100%
  • Weather looks good for this Saturday so the ride is on. I'll post the route later with a couple of meeting places.
    Start 9am at the Three Tuns.
    Tom
  • I'm in - John's steady pace sounds good to me.
  • Blue Egg it is then!
  • Hi Tom,

Sorry, can't join you this time. Have a good ride.

Peter
  • Here's the route for tomorrow. Hope the food is good as looks like we'll be into wind all the way home!!

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/227415141

9am Three Tuns
    9.15 Sandon Duck Pond
    Think John will post a meeting place for anyone joining from Royston.
    See "Mini Egg" post for a shorter ride.
    Only slightly nervous about the 8 O'clockers joining us!! (Expect they ride slowly sometimes!!)
    Tom
  • Chaps... we may see you 9 o clockers on the way back.
    We're gonna stick to an 8am. Enjoy!
  • The 'from Royston riders' will leave from The Heath Sports Centre at 9.00am (free ample parking) and meet the 'from Ashwell, group at Hare Street.

See: http://www.roystonheath.co.uk/contact-us/

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT ROYSTON LEISURE CENTRE IN WOODCOCK ROAD, ROYSTON, WHICH IS WHERE SOMEONE WENT LAST TIME!
  • edited November 2013
    edit: bit the bullet and bought some from halfrauds see you in the morning
  • Cheers Robbie. Suspect we'd have split pretty quickly anyway.
    Would have been great to say I'd ridden with the 8 o'clockers tho!!
    Have a great ride.
    Tom
  • I'll ride straight from Letchworth to Hare Street - see you there
  • thanks everyone great ride sorry about my injury at the end
  • What a fantastic day! 15 riders eventually assembled from various pickup points, Keiren and Nathaniel doing a fantastic job on the front for most of the ride out.
    Davids Mini Egg ride was planned to turn back at Newport, 10 riders decided to head back!! (Nothing to do with my navigational skill I'm assured!!)
    That left John, Keiren, Nathaniel, James and myself to ride onto the Blue Egg, which was heaving with cyclists.
    The highlight of the day was Nathaniels face when he realised Alex Dowsett was sitting at the next table.
    Glad you got home ok Nathaniel.
    Thanks all, great company as always.
    Tom
  • Another excellent ride with great company...thanks also for waiting for me on those hill tops! I peeled off for Royston at Newport, but what happened to you at the end of the ride then Nathaniel? This was the AD article that I was refering to - please follow this link and see foot of p3.

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/news/LIGHTWEIGHT_NEWS_47.pdf
  • edited December 2013
    Great ride yesterday guys. Thanks to Tom, Nathaniel, John and James for the great company and helping me smash my longest distance. I ended with 76 miles. Tom, did you hit your 3 figures??

Blue Egg cafe was mega, can't believe the amount of cyclists that were out, great to see.

Now I need some technical help, I don't know how to upload pictures on to here. I have a great picture from the blue egg. Any ideas?

PS. Mudguards have been ordered.

Kieren
  • Great idea by Tom yesterday to go to the Blue Egg and pretty much as good as you are going to get weather wise for the end of November.

Us mini-eggers (10 of us) left the big-eggers at Newport and rather that coming back the same way returned via Great Chishill and Therfield.

Was about 45 miles for us in the end so an egg-cellent morning out !