Welcome to the forum

9am Sat Final Festive fifty

Comments

• Awesome, Robbie!
  • man flu. bleurgh
  • edited December 2013
    Man up... last ride of the year it's worth a beer.
  • Na... Turbo!
  • anyone else out then
  • I'm just finishing work. Planning on heading out about 11:00
  • I'm at work, anyone out New Years Day?
  • Just Cam, my Dad and me out. Weather was fine, did closer to 40 than 50.
    I'll be out tomorrow
  • Should be out New Year's Day...
  • I'll be out at 10.
  • Shorter ride or getting back later?
  • Prob tad shorter like 40
  • Better than nowt, but need to be back in Letchworth before 1pm.
  • I'm looking at starting to get some longer rides in now.
    Will be doing 70+ tomorrow if anyone fancies it?
  • Five of us out at 9am. Theo, Daniel, JonC, Rupert and me. Wet and windy coming home.
  • Two out at 10 for a Whitwell 45m blast into horizontal rain through the valley...
    Character building. Will be there tmw...9am.
  • I'll be out Neil.
    Robbie If you change your plans could you tell us the night before, because otherwise we end up waiting for you to arrive.
  • Apologies. No more beery nights... 9am onwards.
  • Thanks to Dan, Theo, Shaun and John for their company this morning. By the time I got back it was 40+ miles at an ok speed - thanks for the ride and Shaun thanks for supplying the route. Dismantled back wheel this afternoon to remove the bearings and received an immediate reply from Derek at Wheelsmith in Scotland who built the wheels - outstanding service as well as being good wheels.

See you all next time,

Rupert
  • Hey theo don't wait around for me tomorrow if I'm not there it meant I had no willpower
  • Good ride today guys. Young guns keeping up the momentum at the front. Awesome weather too. Then when I got into Letchworth was mowed down by a car. Thanks for making sure I was ok Robbie. Bike needs a bit of work but just happy my new jacket wasn't damaged.

See you out again when I get my bike sorted.

Thanks

Kieren
  • Bad luck mate with that. Glad you're ok...
    hope it all works out quickly for the bike.
  • Robbie,
    Thanks very much for starting these rides - a great initiative. I look forward to the 2014 Festive Fifties!
    Daniel
  • Chaps... have a good one if anyone's out. Can't make today.
  • Me and Vince out this morning, reprezenting the Guilden massive, just rocked up to Cambridge to work.

Having bypassed the brilliantly conceived Xmas F50s, my legs were in bits before Shingay, and Vince arrived to find he can no longer fit into his workplace jeans.

Really looking forward to the 9mph return journey later. Must remember to pack a few bananas for energy.

• And me weighing scales, so Vince can see how much Christmas pudding he's lost every mile.
  • We missed you on the Festive 50s. (Always room for more bananas)
  • Just 3 of us out today. Bit windy but the sun stayed out for the first 40 miles, then got caught in a nice hail shower!!
    Still another 52 in the bank, cheers guys
  • I got caught in the hail as well! Not 50 miles, but 2 laps of the Greenway on cross bike...mud, rain, hail, thunder, lightning, wind...lovely, wouldn't have been anywhere else but on my bike!