Welcome to the forum

Muddy Monsters 4th Jan

edited January 2014 in General
As I'm sure you know this Saturday Ashwell is holding the next Muddy Monsters of the series. My son Jack,with help from Mark W and Tim,is organising this event as part of his BC Young Volunteers. He does however need some help to make sure everything runs smoothly. We need a few more marshalls and a first aider, so if anyone could please help we'd be really grateful. You can contact us either on here or text me on 07403352551.
Thank you

Comments

• Hi Julie,

I'm happy to Marshall on the course. I'll also use this time to practice some off road cycling, before and after races if that's ok. I am I right in that the event starts at 1:30pm?

Gareth Lewis
  • Hi Gareth

Thanks for your offer of help,it's really appreciated.

Yes the races start at half 1, but we shall be there from 10 as something tells me it's going to be fun laying out the circuit. I'm sure it will be ok for you to practice.

See you Saturday and thanks again

Julie
  • Ok, so what time would you like me to be there ( after 11 would be good for me as I have something on in the morning)
    Thanks

Gareth
  • Signing on starts at 1pm so if we say then is that ok?
  • Hi Julie,
    Rebecca is happy to help if you need her.
    She has helped run various events with Welwyn - is used to doing sign on, marshalling etc
    Let us know if you need her
    Alison
  • Hi Alison

Thank you for replying. Can you tell Rebecca thank you so much for offering her services and that help with marshalling would be really great.

Me and Jack will be down there from about 10.30 but if she wants to get there say 12.30 would that be ok?
  • That's fine Julie,
    Thanks!

See you then
    Gareth
  • Thanks for all the help folks. I will get down there about 10. im guessing after all the wind there wont be much tape left up!
  • Great, see you then Gareth and thank you so much.
    We're getting there for around then on Saturday Tim so see you then. Me and Jack are going to pop down to Small Gains tomorrow and see what if anything is left in the way of tape etc.

Thank you everyone for your help it is very much appreciated

Julie
  • I can help - although Finlay is also going to have a bash on Saturday :-/
  • Thank you Sallie was hoping you'd offer as had you ear marked for signing on with me if that's ok?

Can't wait to see Fin all suited and booted
  • Thats no problem at all - he still looks so young! Ah well he can't wait :-)
  • Thank you everyone who's volunteered to help tomorrow,its really appreciated.
    Went down and had a look at Small Gains and it's not too bad,still some tape and most of the posts left.
    Tim think you said you were getting there at 10 so we'll see you then.
    I haven't been able to track down some really big flasks to make tea for spectators but I'm sure people will be bringing their own "fingers crossed"

See you tomorrow
  • Julie,
    After having looked at the forecast tomorrow it looks ok from lunchtime but pretty grim in the morning so i think i will come down a bit later say 11.00. There will be plenty enough of us to get it sorted in time.

tim
  • Ok Tim see you then
  • Thank you so much to everyone who helped,cheered on and most importantly raced today,hopefully you're all dried off and enjoying a warm drink about now
    Big shout out goes to Rebecca and Gareth for marshalling at the top of the mounds, think you were kept rather busy.

To all the racers today,you were amazing and well done where ever you came. I think you all deserved a medal as will your washing machines for cleaning your kits.

Jack
  • Well done all, it certainly lived upto it's name!
  • Thanks Jack, Julie, Tim & Mark (and Marshalls) - great event and the kids loved all that mud - washing machine is well bunged up!

Iain
  • CCA Results from Saturday

Under 8s/10s 1 lap race
    7 Evan Foulkes
    9 Joseph Hadsley
    11 Archie Bracewell
    13 Hector Duckett
    16 Finlay Bracewell

Under 8s/10s 2 lap race
    5 Evan Foulkes
    9 Joseph Hadsley
    10 Archie Bracewell