Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 11 Jan

edited January 2014 in Club runs
Up for a 60m+ at winter pace...
with a coffee stop. Weather looks ok.

8am Saturday rides
Think we have to be diligent with the weather for routes and if it turns icy over night suggest we take the safest option. Worth checking forum before setting off.

Comments

• Sounds good Robbie! Hopefully no ice...
  • I'm planning on being out but could do with being back for twelve.
    Maybe leave you guys at the coffee stop
  • Been off the bike nearly 2 weeks now (old injury causing problems). Grouchy, me ... and keen to get out at the weekend
    Hoping to join you for a few miles at least
  • It'll be a steady eddie ride with me winter wheels and heavy tyres (not that I was banging the speed out before!)...
    thinking bigger roads to avoid dark icy patches like Langford, Everton with a coffee stop at Bourne... coffee... onwards for more miles...
  • See you at the tuns
  • Famous last words but we should be alright with the weather mate, just a bit of rain overnight.
    Sundays looking like it might be a bit slippy.
    Any idea what time you'll be aiming to get back?
  • I'll be there
  • See you there...

If the weather does look like it's getting icier in the future would it be worth putting the start of the rides back an hour? I know that one of the reasons that it's at 8am is so people can get back early and still get a few miles in, but it might be worth thinking about, give the lanes a bit of time to defrost. Either that or just stick to the main roads, which I'm up for doing! All about the miles...
  • edited January 2014
    If we do Langford, Everton, Bourne (coffee stop), Haslingfield... (turn off for 50m back around 11.30am Ashwell) then Duxford and pending on the roads maybe Chisel, Barkway or back down to Royston on the main roads etc (back after 12.30pm Ashwell)....

Agree with Will. Main roads.... and when its deffo icy maybe agree to a 9am start night before.
  • i'll be there
  • edited January 2014
    Phewee!!! 74m route not hanging around - just me hanging on! Thanks for the tow!
  • edited January 2014
    great route, cheers robbie, avoided all the grotty lanes. good work theo and jon, did all the work on the front.

great conversation at the coffee stop... when i joined up with CCA i never thought that's what we'd be chatting about over a short latte.
  • thanks for the ride guys, enjoyed todays ride.
  • enjoyed that - cheers robbie for route finding and jon and theo for towing

will - if there are things you need people to talk to about, we are here for you.... ;-)