Welcome to the forum

Saturday 29th March 9.30am forward/reverse club run

edited March 2014 in Club runs
Looks to be warming up tomorrow so I expect we shall see a smattering of summer bikes on display !

As the forward/reverse theme seems to be working well, lets try it with another well know route

Ashwell-Shepreth-Bourne-Caxton-Gransden-Shingay-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-shepreth-bourne-caxton-gransden-route-38304938

for the club run we will do the down Croyden hill version (the one in the link).

See you all in the morning

Comments

• and maybe a prize for the person who is closest in guessing where we will cross !
  • What would the prize be?
  • Sounds good David, and yes the weather looks really good as well, so summer bikes for sure!

Have never done that route in reverse, will make a nice change.

I reckon we will meet in Kingston...?
  • It's a mystery !

Good guess Tim, I'm going for the crossing of the A603......
  • Folks, I can assure you....if you haven't seen it yet, it's worth coming out on this ride just to see, ride and test out the new road surface in Mill Lane, Wendy...!
  • As it looks such a lovely day , happy to put on coffee & cake in the garden post ride if anyone wants to come along.
    Usual arrangements
  • Thank you for the offer Allison and also for the text message you sent me soon after 9.30am. Unfortunately, I did not switch my phone on to pick this message up until I got home after the ride at 2.00pm. May be next time.... Best regards & thanks once again, John
  • 8 on the club run+. Great weather and great fun!
    40 miles at 18.6! Not bad considering we were in reverse!!
    Thanks all.
    Tom
  • Yeah it was more like club run+++! Good tight group and consistent pace (apart from my puncture, oops), great ride thanks Tom.
  • Great ride out Tom, good pace with great company thanks
  • edited March 2014
    Fourteen (I think) of us out on the forward club run, which due to a raft of carbon was a bit of a plus ride too.

Nice bit of sharing the work on the front and a tidy looking peloton meant that we also wizzed round the route, even though PaulW and Emma tried their best to break us all with their pace ratcheting on the Hatley road.

As we got back to Ashwell early we tacked on the loop of station road, and a great sprint to the village sign.

So we ended up with 44 miles at 16.6

Great ride in some fantastic spring sunshine. Doesn't get much better than this. Thanks all for so great morning.
  • Thanks David,

Great ride, really enjoyed it even though I felt like someone had stolen my lungs! Bad move doing the extra loop though. Hopefully I will have fully recovered from the dreaded "man-flu" by the next ride!
  • edited March 2014
    Another good ride - thanks David & Tom!

Having the two groups going round the same route in opposite directions at different average speeds, works well for all and is proving very popular it seems...
  • Thanks for a fab ride, David. The sort of ride when I could have cycled all day.
    Susan