Welcome to the forum

Silverstone 2014

edited March 2014 in Time Trial
Folks here are the details for the silverstone TT. Im away at the Eroica and dont want to get involved organising it but if someone wants to take it on we can sort out payment.

Comments

• Can't believe I've only just noticed this!! Would love to do this again this year as it was such an amazing experience last season. I think it would be really interesting to see how we could go as a club again this year. I don't mind organising things but I would need commitment from riders who want to take part as I know Tim struggled last year as the club is restricted to the number of reserves you can list with your entry.
  • I could be up for having a crack at this mate
  • Just seen this too.

Sounded great fun last year. I'm up for it but making the training sessions would be a problem due to work!

Justin
  • Right that's 3 riders sorted, there must be others out there that are up for giving this a go!
  • I'm a maybe. Need to check with work first.

I think the rear mech on my winter bike will make me louder than the F1 cars this year...
  • It was great fun last year so would love to go again.
  • I'll be up for it :-)
  • I'm up for it too as I missed it last year!
  • Don't forget you actually need to register a team, and pretty quick I think as they are chasing us on email.
    Details in Tim's post above. I' ll let them know we are probably going to enter a team.
  • Ian is the guy to contact bmcc.silverstone@gmail.com

I've let him know we are likely to enter a team, but I'd contact him pretty quick to confirm if I were you.
    Although obviously be aware once you commit you have to pay the full entry , though sounds like you have lots of interest.

Can't help more as I'm on holiday at the moment... Sorry.
  • We now have 8 riders but still looking for 1 more. Would ideally like to accept their invitation as soon as possible to guarantee our place. This is a great event and would be a real shame to miss out.
  • I would also be interested, would need to sort out work before committing though
    Jez
  • That's no problem Jez. We've now got 9 riders so I will contact Bicester Millennium to accept our place and will post when I find out more. The team is now as listed below but if anyone is interested in being a reserve this would still greatly appreciated.

Me
    Luke
    Neil
    Justin
    Carmelo
    Ant
    Cam
    MC
    Jez

If anyone listed above is no longer able ride please let me know before I fill in the team sheet
  • looks like a really strong line-up.......good luck ...go cca TT
  • Am happy to be on the reserve list if you need me
  • Cheque is in the post for this event so CCA have committed.

Quite like to come and watch this event, i imagine its a good spectator sport?
  • Looking at the CCA TT results so far this season
    I think we have a very good chance of winning this event next month but it will be much more tactical than just riding a TT so will need to do a least 1 or 2 practice sessions maybe Tuesday evening on 10th and 17th June?
  • I'll happily be a reserve for this if anybody drops out...
  • Having spoken to Justin it seems he works late during the week and just can't get to a training ride....SO...
    A suggestion is that we could meet on 8th June ..a Sunday afternoon or evening...most of us will be tired from racing I know but we do not need to go fast to make the session useful....After that Tom has suggested we get to Silverstone as early as possible on the day to give us plenty of time to practice and get a feel of the place...

What do we think?

For those that haven't ridden it before some considerations are:

1.It is surprisingly twisty so choosing best lines important
    2.it is very exposed and bound to be windy...awareness of wind direction important
    3,There will be a surprising amount of other teams around all on different laps to negotiate..hopefully none of them passing us!
  • sounds good to me.
    I think discussing how we are going to ride it as a group is more important than practicing it at race pace so we could do that on a steady chain gang type effort
  • Sorry should of posted something sooner but I have spoken to most of you in person about it. I received the entry form from the event orgnaiser a few weeks ago, so would be great if I could get everyone to sign it as soon as possible or if everyone can make the 8th of June as Carmelo mentioned, I shall bring the sign on sheet with me then.

I also want to remind everyone to remember to pay the entrance fee of £25 to the club by the usual way of either cheque or bank transer.

Unfortunately Jez is no longer able to make it so Jason as first reserve will be taking his place, so Will now becomes the first reserve.

I agree with what Carmelo mentioned above about getting there as early as possible, as this will hopefully allow us to get ready and maximise on track practice as much as possible. If its the same as last year we should be able to finalise things on the Stowe circuit before we go out.
  • gutted i've missed this! was brilliant last year,
    stick me down as a reserve anyway though tom just in-case
    cheers Dan
  • Shall we say 6.00pm at Tuns or my house?
    Any preferences? Say now...need all of us if we can
  • I heard the food is better at Carmelo's! ;)

Is this a training ride or just a meeting? I will do my best to be there but I'm in the middle of a house move and already have the interclub and work that day.
  • Ok then Tuns 6.00 pm..,,,this is part discussion and a slower training run as discussed above....sort out rider order, length of turns etc..
  • Just want to check who is still make to make the meeting tonight? I know the lads who road raced today won't be able to make it and I'm ill again so I won't be able to take part in the training laps so just wondering if it's still worth doing it this week or maybe better off rearranging it to next weekend?
  • Just had this through from the organiser so contrary to the rumours it looks like it's still on.

Update: 13 June 2014 - one week to go!
    The excitement is clearly building since we've had lots of contact this week about rules and timing etc. We haven't quite got the order nailed down since we still have 2 places unconfirmed - we'll give it until Monday then finalise the running order. By default multiple teams from the same club will be together in the garages and start positions - if you'd rather not do that then please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate! We'll aim to publish the start list to all teams mid week so you'll have a couple of days to worry about the opposition! ;-)

On timing, we are still waiting for Silverstone to confirm everything (depends what else is happening during the day) but expected timing is as follows:
    1700 - Competitors allowed onto the circuit (if you turn up prior you'll be in a holding area at the main gate).
    1730-1800 Sign-on in garages there will be roughly one marshal per 2 garages in Bicester kit/bib .... exchange of completed forms for numbers and timing chips.
    1800 For those with numbers (i.e. signed on) access to GP circuit for a warm up. We will start clearing the circuit at 1830 (please exit when requested) and it must be clear by 1845. We also hope to have Stowe circuit open for Warm-up/down throughout the night.
    1855 Handcycling UK will be the first team off. Other teams will start every minute from 1900. Line up for scrutineering 10 minutes prior to your start time.
    2018 Last team starts
    2045 Circuit clear
    2100 Presentations on the F1 Podium. There will be four categories this year: Men, Ladies, Mixed, Junior and so four trophies. There will be medals for the 1st and 2nd teams in each category and also the 3rd team for the men (where there are many more competitors!)
    2130 Home time!
  • FAQs
    Q: Spectators allowed? A: Yes, no problem and they are free. BUT we will be shaking buckets for our charities so please be generous AND absolutely no pets allowed at Silverstone - sorry! If spectators are travelling on their own, please ask them to turn up after 7pm to help with parking pressure. Spectators will be allowed in the pit lane and perhaps into the cafe viewing area.
    Q: Garages? A: yes, we will be in the F1 garages - 2 teams per garages. The doors to the car park will be open; the doors to the pit lane closed. Access to the pitlane is ONLY through garage 16 (or through the tunnel next to garage 1 for riders). Riders are starting in the pit lane, so be careful!!
    Q: Rules? A: Rules are on the sign on sheets and are reprinted here. Essentially think road bikes and road kit - no TT stuff. Please NO AERO helmets!
    1. Road bikes ONLY, no TT machines - riders will be refused entry if riding a TT machine (or with clip-on tri bars) to comply with our insurance terms.
    2. Wheels must comply with UCI rules 1.3.018, with exceptions being in 'Non-standard wheels in conformity' listed on www.uci.ch
    3. HELMETS MUST BE WORN BY ALL RIDERS – NO HELMET, NO RIDE (No aero helmets please)
    4. If a rider gets dropped by the team, THE RIDER MUST LEAVE THE AS DIRECTED BY THE MARSHALS.
    5. If your team is reduced to 4 riders or less, PLEASE LEAVE THE TRACK AS IN RULE 4. You must have 5 riders to finish.
    6. For mixed teams the 5 finishers must include 3 of one sex and 2 of the other i.e. 3 women and 2 men or vice versa.
    7. Please wear team kit to aid identification
    8. Once you have finished the event please leave the track as directed to warm down, do NOT warm down on the circuit.
    Q: Food and Drink? A: yes the high quality food van(s) will be present again this year. We're not yet sure whether the cafe will be open.
    Q: Toilets? A: yes, there is a toilet block in each two garages
    Q: Turbos/rollers? A: yes you can set those up in your garage
    Q: Parking near garage? A: this is tricky because of the sheer number of cars we have coming in a short space of time - there is no time to stop and chat! If you have a team van with lots of kit, then as you approach the parking marshals hold up a piece of paper with your (big) garage number on it and they might at least send you in the right direction. But please don't stop and discuss else some teams might not get parked in good time!
    Q: Problems? A: Garage 16 holds the control desk ... we'll do our best to help
    Q: Briefing Notes for riders?
    1. Enter the pitlane via the tunnel near garage 1, 10 mins before your start time for scrutineering.
    2. Start in pitlane, 3 laps, finish on track. Exit track at end of finish straight - follow marshall directions back to garage/warm down area.
    3. If you get dropped then exit at end of that lap (mandatory!)
    4. Mechanicals - get off track, we are monitoring and have a car on track.
    5. Injuries - if you can, get off track. We are monitoring and will have medic attend if needed.
    6. Presentations ~21:00 at podium near garage 1
    7. Above all, enjoy yourselves!

Thanks everyone. We're looking forward to a cracking event!
  • Would really like to be able to squeeze in a training session this week, what day would work best for everyone?
  • Team# Pit# Start TeamName TeamType
    1 1 1855 Hand Cycling UK Male
    2 1 1900 Twickenham CC Two Timers Male
    3 2 1901 45 Road Club Team A Male
    4 2 1902 45 Road Club Team B Male
    5 3 1903 A5 Rangers - Team A5 Blue Male
    6 3 1904 A5 Rangers - A5 Red Team Male
    7 4 1905 Corley Cycles Development Team Junior
    8 4 1906 Team Cystic Fibrosis Male
    9 5 1907 Amersham RCC Male
    10 5 1908 Arbis-Colbert Cycles RT Male
    11 6 1909 Baines Racing A Male