Welcome to the forum

breaking news... beirut road

edited March 2014 in General
the road to beirut (shingay/wendy road) is currently shut for resurfacing... it looked more serious than just patching, guess it'll be that loose chipping finish, not great but better than the current bomb craters and rubble

Comments

• Good news. Drove down there a couple of weeks ago, couldn't quite believe how bad it had got!
  • Just been past the Wendy end of the Beirut Boulevard and I had to look twice - if I didn't know better, I'd have guessed it was a freshly ploughed bit of field!
    Of course, they could be reducing it to a farm track, but I like to think they're giving it a major overhaul and we'll end up with hedge to hedge tarmac. Just in time for my new GP4000s. Sweet
  • Are they using loctite on it and will we be able to use our tubs on that road once it's repaired?!
  • don't get to excited, i bet its just ploughing the road ready for the new crop to go in....possibly cyclists!!
  • Wow, they've made a really good job of this, I use it most Saturdays so very welcome.
  • Be careful though as the new surface has quite a bit of gravel especially just at the ends when you turn in.