Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 5 April

edited April 2014 in Club runs
Another 70-80 miler with a cafe stop...
MC's out so looks like a bit of a warm up to the Phoenix-
speed tea drinking training!

Comments

• cucumber sandwiches?
  • Forecast for a southerly wind, Hertford looks good, back via old welywn/kimpton/whitwell etc.
  • I'll genuinely try and get out to this one! but don't hang around for me!!!!!!
  • or we could try something different....if we can work out how to get redbourn

http://www.redbourn.org.uk/Redbourn/TheHub
  • like your thinking, Phil
  • I can do a circular route about 80m.

Watton, Welwyn, Wheathampstead, Redbourn, Gaddesden Row, Eaton Bray, Tingrith, Barlon-le-Clay etc

Maybe a couple of short sharp hills around Gaddesden Row if we want it.
  • Would like to join you this week. Have missed you all :)
  • Noooohills!!
  • hills! chiltern prep!
  • Not racing this weekend so will try and pop along!
  • Looking forward to joining you tomorrow - a few hills after Carmelo's flat 50 on Wednesday will be great, sorry James.
  • oh b***er where's the turn off before the hard stuff starts? Now all of a sudden i need to be home by 10.30
  • Watton, Welwyn, Wheathampstead, Redbourn, Gaddesden Row, Dagnall, BISON HILL.
  • C'mon James ... just 1 (ok 2) short bumps to remind your legs what they're there for ... and a nice sit-down in the legendary Hub at Redbourn
  • No show for me. Opticians and allotment.
    May try for Sunday.
    Enjoy.
  • Not racing either, so I'll be there
    Nat you better turn up!! ;)
  • edited April 2014
    dann maybe aha
  • didn't keep to my word jane!
  • tagged on a little loop at the end to make it my first ton of the year... lovely route, good to finally have a crack at bison hill... thanks shaun!
  • We wondered where you'd gone, Nathan - hoped you'd turned off for Letchworth with MC. Both ok?
    Garmin said 83 miles at 17.1mph with 1300m climbing. Caf
  • Top ride! Great route.... and a fast training transition cup of tea for MC!
    Next week maybe 100m... out to a cycling cafe in Essex or in Northamptonshire.
  • Ton for me too!. Thanks again Shaun for excellent navigation and route. Thanks all for great company :)
  • Gutted if couldn't make this today. Can't seem to shake this poxy man flu, over a week off the bike now :(
    Hate not training GRrrrrrr
  • robbie apparently "geoff denny" is soon?
  • enjoyed that

thanks shaun for route finding
  • Always a special moment to bump into a blue train! Good to ride in a group again once out of sight of the popsocks:)

Came back the way we went from Codicote and that road is lovely when you can take it all in. 54 miles Baldock to Codicote, Codicote to Redbourn and back to Baldock so a good training ride in itself without the extra you lot had on top.

Nice coffee too