Welcome to the forum

Welwyn Friday Track League

edited April 2014 in Road Racing
thought i would start a thread for track league which starts tonight....or looking at the forecast probably doesnt!

I am going tonight...or looking at the forecast probably wont be!

Comments

• I've already decided not to travel tonight, based on the weather. Will be there in future weeks though
  • Hello there is no track league tonight.

See you soon
  • edited April 2014
    We also made the decision not to go, looking at the weather, hopefully be there next week (if it doesn't rain!)
  • Anyone riding tonight? going to be chilly.
  • I'll be there...
  • Harley will be there, I wont as Iv'e been sacked as her manager! so much for parenthood, can't be doing with Girly mood swings every month. Looks like I just fund and fix her bikes phew....
  • Good to see Gareth, Harley and Sophie going well last night.

From what i saw Ant was looking ok in the A's, but i had to leave early as my boys were slowly freezing into their chairs! It was mighty cold. Enjoyed my new frame and looking forward to giving it a wizz around London.
  • You missed a cracking end to the night Tim. Gareth cycled really well in the final points race and got a good position. In the final handicap race Sophie and Harley worked together and did some super changes and ended up with CCA in 1st and 2nd with a clear margin over the rest (helped by some of the Welwyn Wheelers going to the wrong start positions for the handicap).
  • Good to see Harley and Sophie going well last night, working together and getting great results!

A huge bunch in the senior B's and Foulksie and me spectacularly mediocre!
  • I remember when I was mediocre. Now I aspire to be that good !

It would be nice to have the time to attend

Trahern
  • Thought you had a new bike Tim?
  • Great night at Welwyn last night, quite windy on the back straight but still enjoyable. Eventhough I didn't score any points, I felt I rode well, staying in the elimination race for the sprint finish, and generally being a bit more tactical, making a few attacks off banking and only going on the front when the wind wasn't there!

Well done to the other CCAs too.
    Gareth
  • Good riding Gareth, you are learning so much!

Trahern, come on we need you! and Stuart, yes a great new bike which just means i look more coordinated in my mediocrity. (its blue)

Ill try and get some photos of the CCA riders in future weeks.
  • 5 of us at the Welodrome tonight. Adam got a nice win and i think Gareth got a brace of 3rds. Seemed to be a lot of seniors, there must have been nearly 50 on the track for the 10miler.

Nice and dry and no wind, all we need now, as ever, is a bit more warmth,
  • 6 riders tonight at the Welwyn track league. Archie Foulkes making a great start to track racing in the U12's, with his first appearance at Welwyn. Archie was joined by Adam L, Harley P & Sophie L. Holly P raced in the U14's and rode very well in her races, leaving the best to last & bagging a 3rd in the final handicap. Iain F rode strongly too, having a couple of digs off the front in the Senior B category - exciting stuff. Overall it was a great night's racing and I'm sure everyone had a great time.
  • I thought the weather looked a bit iffy tonight so didn't go. Hope you got a ride.
    I decided to go BMX ing with the kids...totally rad.