Welcome to the forum

Adding pictures to forum discussions

First up, an explanation of what the forum does with pictures: it doesn't upload them to the site - it displays images from other existing sources. This way, the site doesn't get bogged down with costly data.

So, find your picture hosted anywhere on the net; facebook, flickr etc
or...
Upload your own picture on to the net. I've tried ImageShack to upload my own pictures - it was effortless enough, a couple of clicks and you can copy the 'Direct Link'. And free. And sounds a bit like Radio Shack.

Once you have chosen or uploaded your picture...

STEP 1. Copy the address link the picture is hosted at and paste it into the CCA forum 'Enter your comments' box. On a Mac, if I click on a picture while holding down 'Ctrl' on the keyboard, I get the option to 'Copy link'. Not sure this is the same for PCs.

STEP 2. Highlight the pasted address, and click the 'img' box, the 6th box along, just above the comments box.

STEP 3. Paste the address into the dialogue boxes that appear. And click 'cancel' on the request to describe the pic.

Make sure you have the html button on in the 'format comments as' bit below.

That's it!

Write whatever else you want and click 'Start your discussion' to see the final thing.

Give it a try with a Test discussion if you like. Dead easy. I'll just delete it afterwards.

null

What do all those other buttons do? They are other HTML 'tag' buttons. You might find the first three along useful;
b - Will make the text bold
i - Will show text in italics
link - Quite useful. Allows you to make a web link from words. Like what I've done above for ImageShack.
The others are quite advanced, and irrelevant for our needs really. 'Del' puts a line thru your text. Why oh why.
Remember, if you're going to use the tag buttons, you'll need to click on the Html button on 'Format comments'.

Any problems, let me know here.

null

Comments