Welcome to the forum

Ride the Olympic Velodrome - 2nd August EQUIPMENT HIRE

edited January 2014 in General
We've been offered a second session at the Lea Valley Olympic velodrome,
Saturday 2nd August 09:00 - 12:00
Other details exactly the same as in the other post for 24th May - see that post for details on ages, costs etc

Please sign up on the attached doodle, assuming interest is good we will confirm the session and go-ahead.
Signup to ride the Olympic Track!

Comments

• Me too!!!
  • Added my name
  • Top fun, will put some more pics up later
  • Could you put me in that line please Stef. Thanks.
  • Please note we are going to have the same issue with this session as with the recent one, we are very unlikely to be able to take riders under 12 years old. Lea valley have a minimum age of 12. If we could provide a club coach with the correct accreditation we could take 9-12 year olds, but that's very unlikely. There was a misunderstanding over the accreditation required, which is why we initially allowed 9-12 year olds to sign up.

So Sam Daniels and Mark Lightfoot who are signed up are unlikely to be able to ride. Very sorry for any disappointment this causes. In the future we hope we may be able to provide club coaches and solve this issue.
  • Please also note this session is now full. So anyone who enters the Doodle poll after Anthony Morris will be on the waiting list.

Do add your name though, as for the recent session we had a lot of people pull out so we may well be able to fit you in. If you have signed up and now can't make it please let me know or edit the doodle.
  • Stef, is there a minimum time before the session we need to be there?
  • Matt

Not really but you need time to pick up bike, sign in, get changed etc. so would suggest you allow 15 minutes
  • Thanks.

As this is the week before the 100, think I'm going to try and add a few much needed miles to my schedule.
    Going to ride down to Ware, hop on train to Tottenham Hale and bike down to the Velopark. Anyone welcome to join me (25 miles each way). Will be leaving Royston 6:15 ish
  • Hi Matt
    That's a pretty good idea.
    I could well be up for that
    Adam
  • Please confirm you are still coming on separate post, and advise if you need to hire a bike and/or shoes using the doodle polls below.

Below is their guide to bike sizing. And please read their comments on pedals/cleats below to see if you need to hire shoes - you can bring your own shoes/cleats but not your own pedals. They use LOOK KEO pedals.
    Bike hire costs £10 per person, and shoe hire £6 per person. You can also hire helmets though I assume everyone will bring their own.

"Shoes: You can wear normal trainers for track sessions or if you wish to bring your own cleats we use Look Keo pedals so Look Keo cleats can be worn. Please note that other makes are not necessarily compatible – even if they say that they are. You may not bring your own pedals for use on our hire bikes."

Bike hire doodle

Shoe hire doodle

RIDER HEIGHT Frame Size
    145-159 43
    150-169 46
    161-168 49
    169-175 52
    176-185 55
    186-193 58
    194+ 61
  • Just a reminder please fill in Doodle asap if you need bike or shoes asap so we can finalise this week. Thanks
  • Stef,
    Just realised that Finn will need some shoes. I've put his name on the doodle, but do you think I should phone them to confirm? Do you have a number?
    Thanks, Susan
  • Sorry all but the administrator who is dealing with our booking is on vacation and no one else at the Velodrome seems to be able to help - so we will have to each deal with our own equipment hire individually tomorrow morning.

Just make a note of the bike size that you require and bring along some means to pay.

Sorry

Andrew