Welcome to the forum

8am Sat 28 June 100m

edited June 2014 in Club runs
Might do the same again... coffee stop...
60m 70m 80m and 104m route with a few spots of rain maybe

Comments

• see you at the tuns at 8am
  • and then you are racing grass track in the afternoon Robbie? nice
  • At club champs :-(
  • It's raining and I am wheel building:)

Sunday looks lovely though
  • Phil, any chance we could do your classic Circuit de Bedford route (Newton Blossomville, Turvey, Thurleigh etc.), wind is from the north or thereabouts, and we could push further north/east on return to increase mileage?
  • Sounds like a plan Stan. Deep rims on.
  • Okeydokey - if we continue through riseley and kimbolton it picks up the grafham loop which takes it to about 85m i think
  • I thought i read somewhere that this weekend was the Geoff Denny ride. But Sunday May be tricky for me now so will join you tomorrow instead.
    Vincent
  • Excellent. A very blue (even smurf-like) train in the making

Can't wait. Don't even care if I get rained on, it will be soooooo good to be in proper un-conditioned fresh air. (Besides which, I need to get training for the London-Surrey)
  • I just can't get enough of the Chilterns so signed up for the wiggle sportive tomorrow!

Doing the 74 mile route with my brother-in-law who is coming over from Holland tomorrow. I am sure he will like the hills as much as I do.
  • Five went to Harrold Odell for big bacon butties etc and in the process logged just over 80 miles at 19.4mph

(IMO, we probably couldn't have done it without Phil and the sparrow snack)
  • Thanks to all for a really enjoyable ride on a route that I always enjoy.

Managed to stay dry until I left Ashwell for Letchworth and pretty much rode into a torrential rain cloud in Newnham, and the little lane at Nortonbury Mill was under water. I poured water out of my shoes when I got back. But it didn't spoil the day. Still buzzing.

Finished with 95miles.
  • Had a pint with Phil after... thought of you in the down pour Peter!
  • enjoyed that - thanks to peterG and vince for lots of work on the front

stats = ashwell to ashwell; 84miles at 19.3 or 19.4 (depending on who's computer you look at!!) and for me a split rear wheel rim!!, only noticed it when i got home :-(
  • Thanks all. A really good ride and very pleased to have completed it. Company was fantastic. I wish I could swallow a whole sparrow. It worked wonders on Phil.