Welcome to the forum

N&DCA 28-06-14 and series update

edited June 2014 in Time Trial
Richard Glover and I took part yesterday in the 6th race of the 10-event N&DCA TT series held on sporting courses.
Richard has been a regular supporter of, and consistent winner in, this series from his time with Fenland Clarion.

Yesterday's event was 20.8 miles on country roads South of Kettering in less than ideal conditions with just over 600ft of ascent.

Results:

James McKenzie 51:12, 12th overall (1st in Y-Cat, +7:50 on standard)
Richard Glover 53:43, 18th overall (1st in Z-Cat, +10:02 on standard)

The above result means that both Richard and I have clinched the series' wins in our respective categories (this being Richard's 7th series win) and we are proud to have represented CCA.

For my part I have a lot of people in the club to thank for their support, encouragement and chat. In particular the inspiration, support with training and technical matters and the time that Richard has given me over the past 2 seasons.

Comments

• Well done James and Richard, yet another brilliant result!
    I can't believe Ashwell's dominance in Time Trials this year.
  • Fantastic riding by you both.

THIS is what CCA is getting better and better at. Riding to the best of our abilities and inspiring others in the club about cycling in all areas. Chapeau :)
  • Wowzers!
  • Well done James and Richard. You have earned it!
  • Outstanding as always Richard. And James, this year has been fantastic for you with the club profile benefiting greatly aswell. Well done!!
  • Fantastic, well done fellas. Im sure all that clattering over tracks in the Peaks District helped no end James!
  • Brilliant, well done Richard and James.
  • Well deserved congratulations to you both! .... Both worked very hard and always a pleasure seeing the rewards!