Welcome to the forum

TdF Cambridge Photos

edited July 2014 in General
Tim Allen and I rode into Cambridge this morning, Was a great atmosphere in the city and once again, massive crowds as there have been all weekend.

We caught up with Mark W and Daniel D, before seeing Theo sign on for Les Cadets Juniors on the same stage as the pro's. (Great to see you up there, Theo.)

Some pictures here of the morning

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Dad and I also rode into Cambridge this morning. We got there about 9am and were surprised to find that it wasn't completely packed so got great spots at the front next to the ceremonial start line. We had a great view of all the riders milling around and then rolling out to start the stage.

It was really great to see Theo up on the podium and then ride past us, what a wonderful experience! Unfortunately I was cheering too much to get a decent photo of Theo, here are my rather rubbish attempts:

Theo1

Theo2

StageStart

Vincenzo Nibali looking resplendent in yellow:

Nibali

Lars Boom and Nikki Terpstra staying fresh before the start:

Boom/Terpstra

Peter Sagan totally focused on further extending his (already significant) green jersey lead:

Sagan

Jens Voigt rolls up fashionably late, munching on an apple. He got chatting to someone in the crowd and didn't notice the rest of the field rolling out until they were all around the corner and into Regent Street...classic Jens!

Jens Voigt
  • Just Brilliant.

We were at Great Chesterford. Loved it all.

Think we saw Stef on breakfast TV before we left.

Saw Theo go by and some other CCA in the crowds
  • edited July 2014
    We bumped into Sallie B, Archie & family on the hill just before Saffron Walden.

Th
  • Myself and Matt celebrating le Tour avec une biere Francaise:

• Theo Doncaster was one of the first to sign in this morning:

...closely followed by Fabian Cancellara...

• ..Jens Voight...

• ...Chris Froome...

• ...and Vincenzo Nibali...

• Team Doncaster also led the team presentations...

...followed (ok somewhat later on) by Team Sky:

• Just An amazing day for me.
    I had to get up pretty early but we arrived at the start ready to leave at about 10ish.
    Although I tried to wear ashwell kit we were forced to were 'le uniform' including a swimming cap for the helmet.

Signing on was pretty amazing but cycling through the crowds was just fantastic. But the most exciting thing was seeing all the Ashwell!
    I saw so many Ashwell people (even in london) it was unbelievable. After waving to everyone in the first 30km we got in a car and drove down with the caravan.

Once we got out at the Olympic park the ride was incredible, rolling through London on the closed roads straight onto the Mall.
    If that wasn't enough we received grandstand tickets to watch Kittel beast the sprint.

It was a surreal day but one I'll remember!

• Looks amazing Theo. I'm glad you hardcored it out and did it all on your winter bike. Chapeau!
  • An amazing day today, got plenty of random goodies from the endless caravans. We watched the riders near Whittlesford along the A1301 and after they went past we cycled along the closed A road, felt weirdly amazing! Saw Theo and one other Ashwell. Overall a great day, photos below!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123879676@N05/ - courtesy of my Mum!

Gareth
  • What an experience for you.....fantastic !