Welcome to the forum

CCA Tour De Yorkshire 2014

edited July 2014 in General
Only a few of us up here at the moment, expecting most people to arrive late tonight / tomorrow

Theo is kindly ensuring we suck every last metre elevation and gradient of climb from each route planned! Why waste any miles on the flat.

More pics to come And I'm sure you'll hear all about this orica greenedge mishap in due course ^

Comments

• View from the caravan

• edited July 2014
    A 5km wall of climb (Fleet Moss), literally it just smacks you in the face when you see it, it's only when you look at the cars toward the top that you realise how unbelievably long it is, you should be able to see a few half way up in this picture for reference

• all heading off to watch todays stage in yorkshire have a fantastic day, will be watching for you on t'telly
  • Hi Geoff and Shelton
    Thank you so much for taking me to county Durham and looking after me Shelton. A big thank you to Geoff for letting me stay at your farm and taking me out cycling. I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Tour de France. Huge thank you.
    Sophie
  • Geoff,

Just a quick one to say thanks again for an absolutely fantastic weekend with some stunning rides, food and wine. Getting to see the TDF in person was surreal, especially in such beautiful surroundings. The routes we took to both Stage 1 and Stage 2 were great, so thank you. I'll look forward to climbing the hills again in the near future!

Cheers
  • We found Geoff and Anne in great form; they were the perfect hosts accepting into their home with open arms. Thank you to you both.

Seeing the Tour de France was simply wonderful - the hype was completely justified.

Great times sitting on cote de Grinton Moor as well as putting the world to right in Geoff's spacious kitchen.

Thanks to all for making this such a great weekend.

Daniel
  • couldn't have wished for better company or weather. Thank you all for accepting us as we are at present. Things will only improve and we should be able to host bigger groups as we move on with the farm.
    The highlights for me were seeing how mature and focused our junior riders have become and how they supported and helped to nurture our four young riders Sophie Lewis, Harley Pell, Daniel and Ethan Green. High fives to all four of you for the really tough rides you achieved. I look forward to the new youth rides when they are announced.
    Elated that the weather was kind to Yorkshire and showcased the county and by association, the country. They deserved the plaudits heaped on them for all the hard work and thought put into these two days.
    I look forward to watching day 3 and hope they show Theo in the cadets race. Good luck Theo and heal quickly Dan P.
  • A massive thank you to Geoff and Anne for their generous hospitality in their idyllic home! It was clear that everyone staying there had an amazing time, it was such a special experience just to be there and see the race pass over Grinton Moor.

A room with a view
    Tent

Theo gets some alternative core strength work done
    Theo/Dan

Regrouping at the summit of The Stang on the ride out to Grinton
    Stang

Dan Pedder shows off his artistic abilities
    DanP

Daniel D tries to get his story straight
    DanielD

Being a cycling fan isn't always as glamorous as you might think

Staying fresh.
    Fresh

After the wait, the caravan caused much excitement
    Caravan

Grinton Moor
  • edited July 2014
    We would of course like to add our thanks to "Geoffrey", Ann and Pip. I can't imagine more perfect hosts. What a beautiful spot you've found for yourselves!

Plover Hall

imageIMG_2778

A shot of the Yorkshire Tdf-ers

imageIMG_2790

On't Moor (Grinton that is)

imageIMG_2793

imageScreen Shot 2014-07-07 at 19.46.19

imageIMG_2798

• edited July 2014
    A few photos from me too

The river through the farm
    null

Top of The Stang!
    null

Leyburn after the Stage 2 Epic!
    null
  • Kittel in yellow

null
  • Geoff kindly picked me up on Tuesday, and dropped me off on Monday lunch time.

Three rides, the hardest being in pouring rain but aside from that, if anyone needed proof that this is actually 'God's country' as the Yorkshire saying goes, then you only need to have seen the coverage on theTV, assuming you weren't here in person, then you know the saying is likely correct.

On the 7th day He made Yorkshire.

Sunday Geoff and I hopped onto a train, headed out watch the tour again, the scenery via the Three Peaks was just sublime, the atmosphere was different as we watched from a by-pass, a counterpoint to the previous day on the small village green at Reeth, great none the less.

Collecting my trusted steed this morning in Inverness and will head south through the Cairngorm Nat Park, Edinburgh, then, .......?

Thanks so much to Ann & Geoff for hosting me.
  • So I've put together a little photo set on my website and you can see it here (they just look better large)

Here's a few stragglers that didn't fit in but which i still like :)

• Very moody. Like it, Nathan!
    (Especially the shot of Dan and Theo on the back of a peloton of sheep)
  • have you all noticed how busy the roads are up here :-)
    Those pictures of Nat's are pretty typical of the quality of roads and beauty of scenery.
    Been a fabulous weeks weather this week so have now got some 200 large cylindrical bales of hay.
    Suffering withdrawal symptoms now everyone back in blighty.
    Have a great summers cycling.
  • Grande depart

Sorry mine aren't as 'Rapha' as Nat's ;)
    Such a great time at Geoffs farm, props to him and Ann for their hospitality.
    More

Also here's a sneak peak at the latest UCI velodrome site

See you all next year for the sheep dog keirin.
  • some lovely shots there Theo.