Welcome to the forum

Fantasy Tour de France

edited June 2014 in General
A little over one week to go and it's time to submit your teams for some fantasy fun!

Go to velogames and pick your riders now. It's free and very easy. Just think of a team name, pick your favourites for this years Tour, keep your cost to 100 credits and you're done. Once you have submitted your team, click on Visit Team and then join mini league. I have set up a CC Ashwell Mini League (League Code 26202415) for a little club competition!

Good luck

Comments

• Nice one Matt

This was good fun last year
  • Team Brynlar Pro-Cycling is ready for action
  • I've entered a team (Radial Heads)

Vicky
  • Team GoPro just entered!
  • Why is this under club runs category?
  • good point Felix, its now moved to General
  • 17 teams now entered. Feel free to join in....
  • Kit's Crusaders are in!!!

Now watch them all go out in the first few days : (
  • Thought I would say that on the velogames website if you look under games there is a competition called pyractif king of the mountains and it's just for the mountain stages. Just for extra competition I tried to make a mini league but it didn't work so if anyone else coul that would be great!
  • Entered. Think there's now 29 teams in the CCA league. Could get a bit tight going into those sharp left handers before the finish. Cobbles could be chaos...
  • I'm in. Now 33 teams.
  • Plans are afoot for a trophy! I should have time next week to machine something up...
  • It's the half way point and I think Vam Polecat has been pretty much leading from the off! I guess most people will be suffering with a lack of points now Contador and Froome are both out.

Still lots to play for including a shiny trophy for the winner!....

Trophy
  • Can't believe I accidentally confused valverde for nibali!
    Matt that trophy is awesome! where did you get it machined?
  • Think I have 3 non scoring riders now. Should have picked 2 GC contenders!

Machined it at work whilst I should have probably been doing something more important!
  • That's an awesome trophy Matt!

I've lost two so far, yesterday hurt. Ian is in a really good place, I reckon he might edge it.

@Theo - never mind Valverde, he's going to do well, but Daryl Impey?
  • Nice trophy Matt. Looks a bit more pro than the one I did last year.

Don't think I'm in with a shout but did go up 10 places yesterday

Stuart
  • With the announcement from Fabian C can I suggest we have an additional prize for the team that ends up with the fewest riders. Might be in with a chance on that one.
  • Ah, that's three I've lost then :(
  • Well, it turned out to be a tough race to predict! There was however a clear winner: CCAIAIN - Iain Foulkes took 1st place with a comfortable 900 points!
    Some big points names including Nibali, Kittel, Bardet and Van Garderen seemed to do the job!

Well done Iain, you will receive the coveted CCA FTdF League Winners trophy. Please look after it, it's only on loan ;o) Will you be at club night?
  • Cheers Matt. Close run thing - turned into more of a last-man-standing event by the end of tour!
    Trophy looks awesome - I should be around tuesday at club night.

Iain
  • Well done Ian, well deserved win and an inspired selection with real courage to omit Sagan, Contador, Cavendish and Froome. Who would have thought that Van Garderen would actually walk the walk.