Welcome to the forum

8am SATURDAY 19 JULY HILLY 70m

edited July 2014 in Club runs
Thinking… Hexton, Sundon/Sharpenhoe loop, Lilley, Whitwell, Old Knobworth etc
Tad shorter and a tad faster than last weeks Chilterns ride due to Farr fest in the afternoon…..

Comments

• Sounds good hope to be in this one:) need the miles and wind in my face
  • Sounds awesome! Will try to make it ;)
  • Great idea, Robbie. (Will do my v best to keep up)
  • Back out next week, enjoy folks
  • question from a newbie. How long do you expect this to take roughly? Is there a mapped route available?

Stuart
  • see you at the tuns at 8

stu - back about 1pm'ish - the route is a bit like M9 (see club run routes http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/812143-flatter-winter-60/#gsc.tab=0) but with the addition of sharpenhoe/sundon
  • Back to Ashwell midday ish depending on stops if required/desired.

2 full bidons in the fridge
  • midday?? what you put in them bidons??
  • edited July 2014
    Wot, no coffee stop?
  • Av u seen the forecast. Well I admire your attitude. Hope to see you tomorrow, thoroughly wet. Only got mud guards on my flat geared bike and no rain cape for hot rides. So I'll be prepared.
    Wish I had a retractable mud guard like peterG. And an umbrella.
  • Now that I've got to see......Pete riding a bike with umberella :-)
  • I'm not looking at the weather forecast

people keep saying it's going to "rain" but it's not november

I'm just assuming it will be like it was today. 25-29 heat wave. yep.

(if I wake up :))
  • Hey, Pete could ride a bike with an umbrella, no probs

It's going to be v warm indeed. Could be the 1st ride I've ever done where I actually want to get rained on
  • I hope it's not like the Smiths song for you all:

A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?!

This Charming (Flailing Dutch) Man
  • edited July 2014
    I guess that's why I am usually Frowned at when I get home...

Praying for lovely warm rain and after the IC25 monsoon it will be a joy

Whitwell coffee?
  • Nathanial if you wake up in time I'll by you coffee if we stop.. Is that a deal. Haven't seen you out in ages. Mope all is well.
  • Mope all is well with you too :)

Deal ;)
  • Despite the weather that was really good. Thank you everyone.
  • Good ride! Good flapjack ;) (thanks) Good weather! -_-
  • It was all going swimmingly until the approach to Hexton, when something sticking out o fthe hedge cut my left arm

... v soon after, a pushy driver coming towards us forced me into potholes and I punctured. (Yes, it was raining at this point)

... still hadn't got to Hexton, when a flappy bug got trapped under my Oakleys. It was a wasp and it stung me. (Yes, it still hurts and my face is getting more swollen by the hour)

... only a few miles on, I somehow managed a slow motion, still-clipped-in tumble. (I lay in the road for a bit, wondering if it was really necessary to carry on. There's probably a Rule about that sort of thing?)

... and whatever gremlins had been torturing me, then started on my bike. Gears began skipping all over the place. (Thank you Vince, for restoring my will to live, at that point)

Now wondering whether it's safe to venture out tomorrow or if my catalogue of bad luck has more to come. Who said bad things come in 3s?