Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell 10th Anniversary Tour of Belgium, 17-19 Sept 2010

Comments

• Just got back from sunny Pembrokeshire. Happy to share a room - earlier proviso re snoring still stands however - or go for single room. Richard, do you want details of car - numberplate, make etc or do the drivers each book themselves on to the tunnel? And who are my passengers?

Jeremy
  • Found my cheque book now, so a cheque is in the post for you James.

Daniel
  • To all those that have offered their car. I'll try to work out where everyone lives and what requirements we have and post a definative list of those cars that will be going.

It's then down to each driver/owner to book his car on the train and let James have a copy of your receipt.
  • Right,

The following vehicles are required and those drivers will need to book the same train as James above.

Richard M, James B, John R, Jeremy W, Stef D.

James and I have now booked. I am taking the club trailer that carries 12 bikes. Thus working on four people per car we have the following capacity: -

People -20
    Bikes - 27

Thus I think we have 21 people who now wish to go and some capacity to squeeze 5 people per car. However the original plan was for 20 therefore we may have issues at the hotel.

Martin, my understanding is that Tim Hector is the 21st person.

Out of the list above, who can take 5 if we need to??

John, Jeremy Stef GET BOOKING!!!!

Richard
  • Booked!

I can take a 5th person if he is small/thin.

John
  • got the 100th entry..our first century thread........history in the making and what a subject......gonna be the best outing for CCA
  • not fair..........John got it while I was composing mine..........all good tho'....looks like we are taking over the hotel.....
  • Tunnel booked. Realistically I can only manage a total of 4 adults in comfort.

I now need to compose the iPod playlists for the journey. (I'm thinking a 'famous Belgian musicians' theme; so that'll be Plastic Betrand and Django Reinhardt on repeat then - too much Jacques Brel and we'll end up suicidal.)

All together now, on the fouth beat. 1, 2, 3! "Ca Plane pour moi..."
  • How will it be decided who goes in which car? Daniel
  • Hi chaps, I think I rather missed the boat on this one. Think 20 is the max. I,m happy to be put on a reserve list if someone drops out ?
  • Am a bit late with this and would want to miss this tour having been away with you guys for the last three years!!

James, RJM has a cheque for you, I am not sure what your final numbers are to be but am happy to sit on the reserve list.

Best wishes

Martin H
  • You are already in Martin..read earlier..no falling off on corners tho'........Tim H....you are also in......no worries....21 at the present count I think...James and Richard will have definitive numbers....typo above on yours Martin...missing a not methinks.
  • shirt sizes please & be quick the order goes in tomorrow!!
  • Great stuff. I mentioned to Richard that I would be happy to drive and have a large 5 seater if that would help, let me know?

Best go find out my Jersey size.....
  • hotel - managed to get a small discount given so many of us.
    they confirmed same room as last year for bike storage, its secure.
    also checked out triple rooms as someone mentioned it on sunday

so if you share, save about £40 , if you want to share 3 in a triple save an additional £15
    doesnt seem worth it to me but if you want to let me know and i'll sort it out

tim hector - you want to share or prefer your own room

i'll sort the car
  • Stef a single room would be great. I wouldnt want to inflict my snoring on anyone else hahah.

I need to pay deposit to James I guess, Friday AGM night is ok? And Pay Skelders for the Jersey Large size me tinks.
  • all jersey's ordered this morning... the shop is now closed
  • Any sneak previews on the design or do we have to wait until September?!
  • September old chap :-)
  • Salivating in anticipation until September then.
  • outstanding shirt cash (some have already said they'll be paying tomorrow):

Richard, Jeremy, Mark C, Adam H, Andy B, Tim H & Martin H

see you all tomorrow
  • my car booked on eurotunnel.
  • forgot to say, can take 5 if necessary... though clearly more comfortable with 4...
  • re cars I understand that there are 5 cars booked. 4 per car is comfy for all. I am quite happy to cover my car costs and carry kit or add people if numbers go up by one or two or three.
  • hotel is confirmed, 21 people half board with dinner at De Vrede as per last year,
    at the moment we have 11 single rooms and 5 twins,
    that fits with what everyone wanted in terms of sharing etc,
    will be in touch in a while to confirm your room arrangements, no hurry

im sure we can add a few more people if there is demand, the hotel is quite relaxed,
    although my only concern is the bike storage area which was pretty full with 10 bikes last year,
    they seem quite happy with 21 but i dont think we'll fit many more bikes in, as they use
    the room to access the service lifts / linen rooms etc there is always a chance bikes get knocked over
    if we squeeze too many in.
  • Thanks Stef
  • thanks Stef.......Tim H....sounds a good idea and if booked now you should get the same shunt as the rest so we would have some spare capacity if needed..Stef. how does this affect hotel room booking?? over to you and Richard I think
  • tim h is booked in already, he's number 21. as i say think we could add one or two more no problem with the hotel if tim prepared to add the extra car. any more than that and think we'll run out of space in the bike store room.
  • Cheers Stef
  • Got the proposed costs in now
    Looking like £260 for single room HB 2 nights
    and £220 shared room HB 2 nights
    includes tunnel and travel costs
    still dependent on exchange rates and based on full cars
    should be able to stick at this
    have not cashed the deposits yet
    Tim Hector still to pay !
    look for balance in July please , before you all go away

lunches and drinks extra
    the trip does raise some funds in the cost towards the club grass track