Welcome to the forum

Saturday 27th September 9.30am club ride

edited September 2014 in General
For those of us not us not up as early as MartinL and his sunrise ride (!) here are the options for tomorrow; unsurprisingly they are the same as last week as we ended up doing option 4 which wasn't even on the list. I'm favoring option 1 as its one that we have only done once before.....

1. Do a re-try of the map in the pocket ride out towards Milbrook/Ampthill (47 miles)

Ashwell-Marston Moretaine-Cotton End-Southhill-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/436651646

or

2. Another one for the flat-land aficionados out towards Cambridge (47 miles also):

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-barrington-barton-dry-drayton-lo-route-244636269

We can do a democratic vote in the morning - and then I'll choose the route ;)

Comments

• Aw c'mon David... We'll two-up up that Therfield way, roll back, and you can dangle yer hot feet in Ashwell Springs for an hour and a half til your main event above?? I'll get yer bacon butty from Days.
  • Bacon butty, yep; feet dangling.....maybe

Up before sunrise ............ Not a chance :)
  • Nice route today Dave thanks.
  • thanks for letting me jump on with you today.

hopefully see you out again

Simon
  • Nice ride today; perfect weather, good route and tidy riding.
    47.5 miles at 17.5 mph, not too shabby either.
    Thanks Dave
  • Good to try out a new route today, expertly navigated David, I really enjoyed it. Just a shame the road surfaces out that way are so rubbish!
  • edited September 2014
    Pacey, that would be best way to describe yesterday's ride!

Good to do a mix of familiar and unknown roads and surprisingly we managed to get the whole way round without me having to resort to my battered paper map in my back pocket. Shame the map didn't have the worse road in bedfordshire marked on it - up from Haynes church end to Houghton Conquest what a shocker !!

So as Vic said all nice and tidy, well except for the descent of the water tower hill when he tried to wipe us all out after the lens fell out of his sunnies :)

Thanks all for a great morning. More of the same next week !!