Welcome to the forum

Hill Climb Result 2014

edited October 2014 in General
Result from this morning below. First number Chalk Hill, Second Coombe Hill and third total time in which the order is ranked.

Congratulations to Will, the CCA hill climb champion with 2 hill club records!! Jane was the first lady and both also records! (will get a ladies cup too)

It was a lovely morning after the fog had cleared and perfect hill climbing conditions. Many thanks to Finn and James at the start and to Tim for the photos. Thanks to Richard and Dave for marshalling too.
Also it was also great to see so many spectators and hear the cow bells and hooters! Thanks everyone for your support.

Will Smith 2.06.3, 4.27.7, 6.34.0
Luke Danckert 2.15.0, 4.55.1, 7.10.1
Tom charlesworth 2.39.6, 5.08.6, 7.48.2
John Humphris 2.31.9, 5.19.4, 7.51.3
Jeremy Prodger 2.35.6, 5.27.3, 8.02.9
Martin Lawless 2.45.3, 5.39.7, 8.24.0
Graham Duguid 2.50.9, 5.46.1, 8.37.0
Dave Wells 2.50.9, 5.56.7, 8.47.6
Olly Watts 2.54.1, 5.54.1, 8.48.2
Simon Orr 3.02.9, 5.54.5, 8.57.4
Jane Wilson 2.55.0, 6.03.6, 8.58.6
Daniel Doncaster 3.05.3, 5.59.9, 9.05.2
Rebecca Maynard 3.06.6, 6.19.4, 9.26.0
Jenny Andrews 3.13.1, 6.22.0, 9.35.1
Libby Wechter 3.17.1, 6.31.8, 9.48.9
Adam Roe 3.41.9, 7.19.2, 11.01.1
Susan Watts 3.58.0, 7.44.5, 11.42.5
Andy Saunders 2.16.9

Comments

• Big thank you to Tim and today's CCA Hill Climb crew!

It was brilliant to see so many ladies riding ... plus 1 v welcome 'outsider' who's promised some extra publicity next year, so we can drum up even more enthusiasm, participation and cow bells :)
  • Thanks to all those who made today run so smoothly and safely. Sorry I didnt get a chance to say thanks face to face after.

I'm delighted with my times and smashed my own records on both climbs. Great times for Will and Jane and deserved champions.

The kids enjoyed their cowbell antics. Over enthusiasm means we lost a clanger in one of them. The hooter has survived though.

A good turnout too. And nice to catch up with others. It'd be great to see more members have a go next season and join in the fun. I think the two hill format makes it more of an event. I will look into a chalk hill specific fixed bike next year. Another project!

Cheers!
  • Cheers Tim, and thanks to James and Finn. There must have been a tailwind! Great to see so many out for this today, we could have had a lot more, so for next year...

Great ride from the ladies, Jane looking very strong (as per usual) with Rebecca only 30 seconds behind... Good time for Libby in her first CCA event too!

Along with the club 10s, it's a really good way to vent a bit of our competitive sides in a really good natured event. You're not racing anybody but yourself in a TT or hill climb, so nobody loses, and you can always push yourself harder than you can on your own. It's really encouraging to see a few of the regular club run riders pinning a number on and going for it!
  • It's not the winning it's the taking part.....and the support from others make it special, cow bells included. Thankyou to Tim and his helpers for a great event. As a new member it's motivating and enjoyable to be part of a sociable and thriving club and events like this just sum up the spirit of the club. Don't be afraid to participate, get out of your comfort zone, test yourself it can be fun and it's a way of saying Thankyou to those who organize such events.
  • Well done Will and Jane. Great atmosphere and social. Libby had a great time too so I'm sure she will be hitting the Club 10's next year.
  • Thanks Tim, helpers, supporters, everyone -a great morning, even though I thought I'd beaten Dave - next time! And no handicap on this one -I normally do well on those! Echo comments above - a great balance of competition and friendliness.
  • Big thanks to those that gave up their Sunday morning to help with this. We'll done to the winners too.

First time I've had a number on my back for many a year and quite enjoyed it. Thankfully most of us had stopped coughing before we got to the second hill!
  • edited October 2014
    Hill Climb No1 pdf.

Perhaps the best things is, should there be any images you wish to have in this pdf, email me your request(s).
    My email in the upper L corner of the pdf.

Tell me the size, S, M or full sized & I will email you back the pictures.

If you want L (full sized at around 12-16mb), then I will upload it / them to a DropBox folder and you can help yourself.

Hill Climb No2 pdf HERE.
  • Wow, fanastic photos! much gurning, so pain!

I love the way you can easily seperate the warming up pics and " happened to be riding past " pics with the " ive got a number on" pics.
  • edited October 2014
    Tim, absolutely fantastic photos, really appreciated. Some brilliant shots that capture the day really well. I've emailed you. Thanks again.
  • Great fun today. Thanks to Tim and all the helpers, and I managed to bag a 'podium'!

There's some good pain faces going on too.
  • edited October 2014
    All Small images.
    No2. Hill.

All Small Images No1 Hill Climb

Download at your leisure.

Thanks for the kind comments.
    I am away Monday- Tuesday pm.
  • Tim,
    Great photos, Thankyou.
    Can't believe it being a Scotsman, great event, photos, good company, even a few laughs all for 3 quid....now that is value for money.
  • Thank you very much everyone. a brilliant event well organised and smooth running. I felt really welcome. More than happy to help promote it next year via our official shop Facebook and twitter sites etc ... John
  • glad it went well everyone. Sorry we didn't make it to watch but had too big a group who wanted to ride a longer route. Great times, pics and race faces.
  • Thanks to all...
    Now where did I put photoshop?