Welcome to the forum

Tues Night Letchworth Greenway 14th Oct @ 19:45 Two Chimneys Pub

FUN IN THE MUD AROUND LETCHWORTH
Weathers looking dodgy, its dark, cold, and light rain showers are forecast tomorrow. Coupled with tonights downpours, we'll be making muddy mayhem on some of the slippy-slidy-sections. Very Belgian, all we need is some cow bells. So bang on the mud tyres and make like Sven Nys - this is gonna be fun...

Usual time and place - 7:45pm at the Two Chimneys, Stotfold Road. Finish around 9pm for a quick pint.
Bring a waterproof as the heaters in the smokers area aren't that effective.

There have been rumours of some of the group getting sneaky laps in to beat the strava times... a 52 minute lap was claimed
We may need to have a group chain gang going tomorrow night to smash them there times!!
Same rule applies as always though - no-one gets left behind

But in the end the question on all our lips - how big will the Pell-eton be this week? Will the whole family turn up?

See you all tomorrow

Goeie nacht!

JRVM

Comments

• Torn between the mudfest tomorrow or.......sitting in a dry, warm Hitchin theatre watching a very rare showing of the fully restored film of the 1924 Everest expedition......

......The abominable snowman might just nudge it!

FD
  • I should be out for this, I think it's going to be a muddy one. You could already see the places where the muddy patches and puddles were starting to form when we went for a little ride on Sunday.

Doubt we'll get anywhere near a 52, that was set in the dry and in daylight with summer kit on. Sub 1 hour could happen though.
  • Be there or be square, see you tonight for an evening of mud wrestling with clip mudguards.
  • john tell me more about the film!!!!!!!!!! is it open to public?
  • Nat

It's being shown by Hitchin Films:

Think I'll be taking a jumper to the Epic Of Everest. This is the film of the 1924 Mallory and Irvine expedition fully restored and with a beautiful soundtrack. A very rare chance to see it on a big screen.
    Come and see something different, part of our archive film season.
    Tuesday 14th October. Some really interesting stuff this month!

At the Market Square Theatre, Sun Street. Starts 8pm, doors open 7.30pm. £5 entry. I've pre-booked but tickets might be still available.

John
  • John aka FD

I'm sure there must be a pirate film on first. Any true pirate wouldn't watch a film about
    mountains, unless your a secret sherpa !
  • I'm out if no rain !!
    OK so I'm a boy
  • Paul

Pirates love to watch films about mountains....
    ....as opposed to climbing them on bikes!

FD
  • allfie,

The greenway has a microclimate, tonights 23c light southerly & DRY !
  • Come and have a go whatever the weather.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#9

Nuff said
  • edited October 2014
    Good ride tonight. 50% Pell-eton. Wet, wet, wet!
    Bang on 1hr total ride time, although I'm sure some of you had a much lower moving average. Forgot to set my Strava running - did I even do this ride? - did I watch a film about Everest? - if it's not on Strava did it actually happen?

Delirious now, need sleep, dreaming of the Ronde Van Vlaanderen

Until next week

JRVM
  • Good ride tonight. Fast, hard and muddy(ish), just how we like it.

I made it 59:25 moving time so the tale of the tape shows a good run out.

Dave
  • 59.25 mins of cycling hard, followed by 120 mins of cleaning my bike.

I think i might do an extra lap just to get the balance right !
  • Looked at the cross bike tonight with the intention of some turbo training.
    Turns out that at some point during last nights ride my chain was replaced with a long muddy snake, which appears to have died and shrivelled up overnight.
    Think I might need the full 120 minutes to clean down the chain alone.

Ended up on the summer bike for some sufferfest action.

My mantra for next week - I will NOT get dropped, I will NOT get dropped.....
  • FDFD
    edited October 2014
    It was lovely and dry watching the Everest film in the Market Square theatre.....they even had a licensed bar if you wanted to get wet.......film running time 90mins.....no cleaning up required afterwards!!

FD
  • More smug than flailing dutchman.I guess it wasn't that sort of film that required any clean up !

Did you and Nathaniel sit at the back with a bag of popcorn ;-)